Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Box does not display

33 REPLIES 33
SOLVED
Message 1 of 34
Anonymous
108498 Views, 33 Replies

Section Box does not display

Am learing Revit 2013.  While playing with sample projects, I enter 3D view and check Section Box in view properties.  Section Box does not display.  What am I not doing?

33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

See why maybe.

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous

Thank you for your help.  That was the problem indeed.

Dan

Message 4 of 34
Atena83

Hi I have got the same problem.  I am new to Revit, just learning it.  I have to models open.  In one I can see section boxes in all 3D views created.  But in the second one they are not shown.  Section boxes in VG is checed.  I don't understand why I still can't see it.  Can someone help?

Message 5 of 34
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: Atena83

In addition to the "Section Boxes" category under visibility Graphics, Each view, in its properties dialog, has a "Section Box" property.

The V/G dialog only controls the *visibility* of the box when it is enabled and cutting elements in the view.

That is, you use it to hide the Section box graphic itself when you are using a section box to modify the display of the model in your view.

The "Section Box" property controls if the box is cutting elements/controlling the display in the view or not.  When this is unchecked, the Section box is not displayed, but in addition, all of the elements in the view are shown (not cut).

When this is checked, elements outside the section box are not shown.

Joe

Message 6 of 34
Atena83

Hi  Joe

Thanks, but it is checked.  Please see attached Screen Shot

Message 7 of 34
AlexDT
in reply to: Atena83

I think you hid it manually. Click the little lightbulb below your viewport (next to the glasses). You will probably see the sectionbox in pink. Select it > Right-click > unhide element.

Message 8 of 34
Atena83
in reply to: AlexDT

Yes that was it.

Thank you.

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous

Thanks, great help!

Message 10 of 34
pmm985

Great stuff AlexDT, worked the magic.

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous

Thankyou Dan 
Same problam for me too,Solved (Y) 

Message 12 of 34
Radish_G

Hi Alex,

Same proble for me, I tried all this methods but still unable to unhide the section box. Please please help me. Attached screen shot for your kind perusal.

Regards
Radish G
Message 13 of 34
AlexDT
in reply to: Radish_G

You are working with worksets. Click those three boxes in the middle. If that doesn't work you need to talk with the 'owner' of that workset.
Message 14 of 34
aldammamcarpentry

thanks broh
Message 15 of 34
magidarafa

thank you man ihad the same problem you helped so much

Message 16 of 34
Anonymous

Thank you AlexDT. Great help.

Message 17 of 34
danielamancipe

hi im having problems trying to open the section box on my 3d view but it doesn't show and the section box is checked n the VV what else can I do ?

Message 18 of 34
micphillips

You should mark Vetor2's response as the solution so that the answer may be found quicker.

Message 19 of 34
ja1357
in reply to: danielamancipe

If the VG solution doesn't work, it may be because the section box is out of view. Click the light bulb to reveal hidden elements and zoom out until you see the section box.

Message 20 of 34
Radish_G

Hi AlexDT,

So sorry, I didn't get your point. Which three boxes you referring through. If you don't mind please show me with screenshot.

Thanks in advance.

Radish G

Regards
Radish G

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report