Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling of Queries

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
IMCornish
163 Views, 2 Replies

Scheduling of Queries

I have been thinking how I could produce a Schedule of Queries for another consultant, which I could print on the cover sheet of a set of the preliminary design drawings for a project.  I would like to achieve this since I need to compile an 'aide memoir' of issues that need to be considered by an engineer, a services consultant or any other participating body, could be a supplier for that matter.  Although the vast majority of my industry colleagues are not using BIM yet, the usefulness of this would manifest itself if they are using BIM or if they aren't as such a schedule, on printed on the cover sheet of a pdf set, would still work.  The queries would be accumulated as we develop the design, for instance, in designing a decorative metal post shoe for a verandah recently, I needed to consider what guage steel to use and could have recorded the query, with others, as my design progressed.  Having then reached a stage where I am happy with the preliminary design I need to forward the design to a Structural Engineer who needs to consider my queries.

I can rack my brains for each query, or find all my postits or the sheets of scribble around my desk and turn these into an email message or a comment in the cloud, or I could simply print a schedule on the cover sheet and point my consultant to the schedule which could direct him to the right sheet, date answer needed etc.

Can it be done though?  I have thought about creating shared parameters for the project but I can't see how this would be done and concluded that the only way is to create a special annotation label for each view, containing the information for individual queries but these would clutter the drawings further.

Has anyone any better ideas?

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: IMCornish

Maybe a schedule of sheets, with a column for comments?

Maybe using DWF Design Review for adding comments to sheets?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
loboarch
in reply to: IMCornish

You can actually do this with a view list.  A project parameter can be added to the view to hold the querry and then a view list (schedule) reporting the sheet and title of the view as well as the querry.  I think this gets pretty close to what you are looking for.

querry_schedule.png

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report