Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Linked Keynotes?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Jazzster11
933 Views, 4 Replies

Scheduling Linked Keynotes?

Hi,

We have a revit project (A) linked into another project (B). We need to demolish elements in project A and have keyed notes show up along with this demolition in project B. The demolition and the notes show correctly in our demolition views in project B, but our keynote schedule is not populating with the linked keynotes, even after being placed in a sheet with the linked keynotes displayed.

The properties window of this keynote schedule has the "Include elements in linked files" option greyed out, but I can't figure out why.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

- Alex
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jazzster11
in reply to: Jazzster11

Well, one of my coworkers came up with the answer: evidently you just can't do what we were trying to do.

Since that's the case, what do the rest of you Reviters use for demolition notes? We generally have a triangle with a number inside that corresponds with a note schedule, but I'm not sure what type of tag to use for this since we would be demolishing many elements. Could someone please point us in the right direction?

Thanks.

- Alex
Message 3 of 5
Scott_Womack

We use a Generic Annotation Family, with a label and a shared parameter(s) for information. Then you can create a note block that will list the parameters from a specific generic annotation family. We then create a type within that family for every demolition note we want. You can get multiple leaders off of one generic annotation, not a tag.

The only drawback to a note block, is that it lists all notes placed on multiple drawings. There is no way to filter it "by sheet".
Message 4 of 5
Jazzster11

Thanks Scott.

I just tried creating a "tag" using the Generic Annotation template, but I can't seem to add any shared parameters (the parameter type selection is greyed out.) How did you do it if you don't mind me asking?

I've been avoiding parameter and family creation like the plague, but I guess it's time to finally take the plunge.

Thanks again for the help.

- Alex
Message 5 of 5
Jazzster11

Okay, so I created a demolition tag using the Generic Annotation template, and since I couldn't load a shared parameter, I simply shared a type parameter for my demolition tag #. I then created another "shared" parameter for demolition notes, which was not assigned to the label in my tag. It was then easy to load this into my project and then to create a note block that had these parameters inserted into its fields.

BUT, I still cannot schedule the linked notes in my host file!! This option is greyed out in the note block's properties window (just like it was in our keynote schedule that wouldn't work either.)

Please, what am I doing wrong? Do I HAVE to tag the demolition in the host family on top of the linked project file that actually shows the demolition? I'm guessing this is the case or else I could have multiple demolition note definitions for the same demolition tag # because of trying to schedule from the host and linked file.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

- Alex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report