Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Furniture in Rooms from Linked Files

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
maedae
5561 Views, 6 Replies

Scheduling Furniture in Rooms from Linked Files

I am working to schedule all the furniture and other interior items of a rather large project.  For legal reasons (different project numbers and so on) I must work in a seperate file from the original building file. 

I have linked in the building file and placed the furniture.  However, when I create a schedule, the room names and numbers do not show up in the schedule.  I get a blank field instead.

I have checked the option to make the link "room bounding" and the option in the schedule to include linked files.  But Revit still doesn't "see" that the furniture is located within the linked rooms.

The current solution I am using is to copy all the room volumes from the linked file into the file I am working in.  Then they will show up in the schedule.  This is messy and creates "dead" objects that of course do not update when the building file is updated.

Are there any better solutions to this problem?  Perhaps this is an improvment to wish for in 2014?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: maedae

Revit will not report the Room Name/Number from the link in regards to the location of elements in the main Project File. I would recommend marking the link for 'Room Bounding' (as you have done) and then placing Spaces in each of the Rooms. In conjunction with the Space Naming Utility (found on the Autodesk Subscription Center) you should be able to easily report the locations in the Furniture Schedule according to the Space Names instead.

⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗
Welcome to the Autodesk forums, maedae!
Feel free to post any questions you may have! There are many experienced users here who generously contribute their time and effort to supporting
their peers. This is an open, peer-supported forum, so feel free to contribute any useful information or experiences to any of the topics you see here.
We hope you'll stick around a while and help strengthen the value of this community!
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Be sure to review the Ground Rules, visit the FAQ Forum, and use the Search feature prior to posting a question, as it's likely been asked before.
⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
cstewart
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I am having a similar problem scheduling light fixtures.  The fixtures are in our Revit model in which the rooms are linked in from the architects model.

You mention to use the space naming utility, but that only works for Revit MEP.  I am using Revit Architecture 2013.

If I do a room schedule (with the "include elements from linked files" box checked), the room names and numbers from the architect's model show up no problem.   However, if I do the same thing in a light fixture schedule, I get the appropriate number of empty spaces where the room names and numbers should be, however Revit refuses to populate those spaces with the room names and numbers. 

A multi-category schedule show the rooms on different lines that the light fixtures.

Is there any way possible to get the room names and numbers into a light fixture schedule?

Message 4 of 7
CarenKhach
in reply to: cstewart

The folks working on the furniture model in our office have simply loaded the building model as a group and created the schedule with room information. It's messy, but it works. Our studio uses Revit Architecture so there is no option to use spaces. I am still looking for a better way though. Man Wink

Message 5 of 7
renjithsankarp
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you so much dear. its working

Message 6 of 7
CarenK

---

Message 7 of 7
dianepokin

Hi,

Scheduling furniture in rooms from linked files is a process used in the field of architectural design and building construction. It involves creating a digital model of a building, with all of its rooms and spaces, and then linking that model to a separate file that contains information about the furniture that will be placed in each room.

The process typically starts with creating a 3D model of the building using architectural design software. Once the model is complete, the furniture can be added to the rooms using a separate file that contains detailed information by Hushoffice about each piece of furniture, such as its dimensions, materials, and finishes. This file is then linked to the model of the building, so that the furniture can be placed accurately in the rooms.

The linked file allows to schedule the furniture in the rooms, it means that it allows to see how much furniture can fit in a room, and how it will be arranged. This helps to ensure that there is enough space for all of the furniture, and that it is placed in a way that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing. It also allows to check for any conflicts or issues that might arise, such as furniture that is too large for a particular space or that blocks a door or window.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report