Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
l3fty
359 Views, 6 Replies

Schedules

I'm new at schedules and I was having trouble with tagging door that are the same with the same mark. Instead it creates a separate mark for each door even when it is a the same door. Also I was curious if there was a way to note door swing sides that is error proof. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: l3fty

1.Use Door Tag with Type Mark instead of Mark .

Make a new Door Tag as follows:

Image 7.png

Load this new tag into the project and use it as default for your doors

2. In order to make difference between two similar doors but with different opening - Left and Right, make two Families. I used a ready made Door Family and I saved as two different families one for the right opening , the other for the left opening direction. I've drawn two 2d drawings showing opening ( using mirror). I've errased both Double Horizontal  Control Flip and Double Vertical  Control Flip. I used instead , Single Horizontal Control Flip.

Load into the Project.

Attach the new made Door Tag.

In Door Schedule change the name of the Door Tags into something like I did:   U1L and U1R - these change will be done in all instances...

Image 8.png

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
constantin.stroescu

Here is a recording I've made on the subject ( as described in my previous post)

https://screencast.autodesk.com/Main/Details/cb550751-ffd0-4aca-8c40-543250628649

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7

But if you mirror the door or mirror the wall, the tag will be wrong again..... 😞

Message 5 of 7
cjgielens
in reply to: cjgielens

and press spacebar while inserting can give a wrong mark also

Message 6 of 7

the method is an workaround made to solve a problem that is not taken in consideration by the standard  Door Family.

1. about Mirror : any workaround has limitations......Mirror is a function that creates problems in Revit ( I had , for instance, big problems when I tried to mirror Component > Model in Place...Even if grouped they act unexpectedly..and you have to use other workarounds) .
  2. abot Space -flipping...I didn't observe it to happen with my settings...the door is kipping the opening orientation...

I've applied this workaround from a necessity and , for me , worked well enough to control from Door Schedule the door position and type counting (if I had not to use door mirroring.).....

Your Name

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
matmatmat86

For adding swing direction parameter in shedulig i use the Swing direction tool. Its usage is posted on http://revittools.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/door-swing/. Swing calculation can be done also on windows.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report