Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule with sketches

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
EvgenyK
249 Views, 7 Replies

Schedule with sketches

Hi, everybody!
I'm not a cool user of Revit. I'd like to understand what is the best way to create a list of doors with sketches. I need to have a schedule with door drawing, dimensions, mark and quantity. I'd like to use families and when I change dimensions of door type I want to see changes in schedule. I tried to use legend, but I can't place any dimension of inserted door family type.
Thanks for any ideas.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sbrown
in reply to: EvgenyK

I still do this with true elevations of the doors and windows and I label those elevations with the door or window type. IE elevation A1 is the A1 type window and then I just drag these elevations onto my window and doors sheets. I turn off everything but windows,details, dims and notes on the window elevations(make a view template), same with the doors. The only flaw in this is if your window or door moves, you will come back to your detail and need to move the text/notes.
Message 3 of 8
EvgenyK

Thanks for reply, sdbrown . I can't understand the procedure of creating of elevation of doors and windows . Which type of Revit Project View to use and how to place door elevation? And what about automatic dimensions of doors in elevations. Is it possible?
Message 4 of 8
sbrown

You just place an elevations tag pointing at your window or door. Or you can use callouts from the elevations(these are a little nicer in that they won't automatically show up in all plan views.) Then adjust the boundary to just around the door or window, turn off everything that you dont need and your left with a true door/window elevation.
Message 5 of 8
EvgenyK

Ok! Thank you. Now I can use your advice. And what do you think about Revit Legend views? We can place families on this view, but can't measure its. May be Autodesk must make available to put dimension automatically changing by families size?
Message 6 of 8
sbrown

Which version are you on? 8.0 added dimensioning to legend views.
Message 7 of 8
EvgenyK

I have Revit 7. It's possible to to put dimentions, but to objects, created on Legend ( lines, for example). If in Revit 8 it's possible to dimesioning families, It's a reason to migrate to version 8!!! If you have it, could you pleas inestigate this feature right now?
Thanks for help. Message was edited by: EvgenyK
Message 8 of 8
sbrown

Yes you can dimension doors and windows in version 8 I just tried it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report