Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule doubling up families

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
thaner9
451 Views, 2 Replies

Schedule doubling up families

I tried searching existing posts and couldn't find what I'm having trouble with. I have a linked revit model in which I scheduled window openings by their Type Mark. When I create a schedule in the host file, it shows twice as many in the COUNT for the openings. The schedule should say (3) each of the different openings, but it says (6). What am I missing?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
thaner9
in reply to: thaner9

I think I figured it out. For whatever reason, it was showing two instances of the shared location under Revit Links in VG. I just removed the link entirely, then re-linked per shared location and only one instance is showing up now which doesn't double up my scheduled families...

Doubt this helps anyone, but perhaps someone will run into this sometime...

Message 3 of 3
nilayrP9FLC
in reply to: thaner9

The double counting shows in the Revit schedule from linked items because you have two linked instances under one linked RVT.

nilayrP9FLC_0-1713248047838.png

And is most likely the link has been copied by dragging it while the CTRL button was pressed. Anyway, you need to choose the correct linked instance and delete the duplicate one.

For that, hide every link from Visibility Graphics just keeping the linked instance you want to delete. See the snap below.

nilayrP9FLC_1-1713248215131.png

Select the link, unpin it and hit just Delete.

Removing link entirely and relink again can cause more damage to your other schedules and annotations if you are calling out some items from link to host.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report