Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Revit Links

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ridenho
3337 Views, 7 Replies

Schedule Revit Links

I am working on a housing subdivision. I have a master site model with individual home models linked in. Is there a way to schedule the actual links so I can get a count of the different types of homes in the site plan? I don't see a revit link in the options when creating a schedule. I tried selecting everything and using the filter, but it only gets me the total link count.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ryan.duell
in reply to: ridenho

You could potentially use an approach similar to the post below:

http://whatrevitwants.blogspot.com/2011/04/schedule-number-of-each-rvt-link-in.html

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 8
ridenho
in reply to: ryan.duell

Thanks,

That worked. I named the property boundary in each one and scheduled the properties.

Message 4 of 8
sokcay
in reply to: ridenho

Hi, I'm having an issue that I don't feel should be this difficult, but I guess that happens all the time when you're working with linked files.

Since Revit cannot copy/monitor ceilings, I am trying to figure out the best way to identify changes in ceiling heights when the architect sends us updated links. 

I figure that the best way to do so is to create a ceiling schedule that includes the ceiling height and other parameters from the linked file. Easily done. Now, I want to be able to recognize when those changes occur by adding an extra column for Ceiling Height that is just a manually added instance, project parameter. This is so I can copy exactly the information from the ceiling height column that populates automatically from the linked file. Theoretically/idealy, when changes are made to the linked file, those changes will update in the first ceiling height column in the schedule and the second, manually added column will remain unchanged. When discrepancies occur, they are then easily identifiable by comparing the two columns.

I have done all of this, but when I add the column for the manually input ceiling heights, the schedule will not let me type in it. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Sarah

Message 5 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: sokcay

Since the scheduled Ceilings reside in the Linked Model, their Parameters are not accessible and are subject to editing.

Your best bet for monitoring Ceiling heights would probably be to create the Ceiling Schedule as you have done, include as a field and sort by the Mark Parameter, then go to the Application Menu (the big 'R') ▼ Export ► Reports ► Schedule. Do this before and after an update and you can import the resulting txt files into Microsoft Excel and easily compare the changes side-by-side, and even sett up Conditional Formatting as you speculated doing in the Revit.

Edit: just to explain, the reason why I suggest using and sorting by Mark is that you will have a consistent order in your Schedules; since they are unlikely to manually change the Mark for their Ceilings, any new ones will have a higher Mark value and will there fore always be shown at the bottom of the list, ensuring side-by-side consistency.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 8
sokcay
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you!

-Sarah

Message 7 of 8
luke.johnson
in reply to: ryan.duell

For future reference, the live version of this post is at Schedule number of each RVT Link in project » What Revit Wants (wrw.is)

Luke Johnson
Message 8 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: luke.johnson

@luke.johnson wrote:

the live version of this post

What does this mean? It looks pretty static to me.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report