Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Opacity

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
IMCornish
3582 Views, 5 Replies

Schedule Opacity

Does anyone know how to give a schedule an opaque background so that when placed on a sheet it covers any graphics behind it?  Schedules, unlike text note styles do not appear to have a 'Background' parameter that can be set to opaque.  Using conditional formating of the cells such that each has a background is only a partial solution since the Title and Headers then remain floating over the background.

A 'filled region' or 'Masking Region' can only be applied in model space so that is not an answer. I have come up with a bit of an extreme workaround wherebye I have created a 'Detail' drawing upon which I have created a 'Masking Region' to the exact paperspace dimensions of the schedule as it appears on the sheet then placed the detail drawing into the sheet.  It looks alright but it would have to be adjusted every time the schedule has an additional item, or the reverse, and seems to be complete overkill.  So I'm struggling and would appreciate any other ideas please.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ryan.duell
in reply to: IMCornish

In Revit 2014 \ 2015 you can select all of the column indexes > Shading > set RGB color to 254 | 255 | 255.  This will appear as white and mask everything on the sheet.

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 6
IMCornish
in reply to: ryan.duell

Thought you had it Ryan but this method only fills the data cells with colour.  The Heading and Group Header backgrounds remain transparent.  If you can show me a way of colouring them I would be very pleased.  Thanks for your efforts. 

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 4 of 6
ryan.duell

You should be able to do the same thing for those cells, if you select them and add shading (using the same color).  Does that work?

Ryan Duell
Message 5 of 6
IMCornish
in reply to: ryan.duell

The 'Schedule View' does not allow me to colour the 'Hidden Fields' used as 'Headers' see the images below;

Schedule Shade 1.png

The image above shows the 'Schedule View' note the 'Hidden Field Headers', C620, C622, C623, and see the next image below:

Schedule Shade 2.png

All fields are selected, but the 'Hidden Field Headers' are a different shade.  The Schedule Title has to be selected seperately.  Once the 'Shade' command is used the the following is seen: (First image is whilst the fields are still selected, second is when deselected.

Schedule Shade 3.png   Schedule Shade 4.png

As can be seen the 'Hidden Field Headers' are not shaded, and when viewed on the sheet, see below:

Schedule Shade 5.png 

As can be seen whilst the 'Title' field can be shaded but isn't, for the purpose of this discussion, the 'Hidden Header Fields' which I attempted to shade are not and remain transparent.  I have tried to select these fields separately but cannot find if there is a way to do it.  Any ideas please? 

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 6 of 6
diggery.james

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report