Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale in sheet list - is there a workaround?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Joris.vd.Meulen
7059 Views, 14 Replies

Scale in sheet list - is there a workaround?

Hello fellow reviteers,

Today I adjusted our title block. Scale is automated by the scale view of the views placed. It becomes 'as indicated' is multiple scale are used. No problem, that part I can live with (/ workaround).

Sadly the scale doesn't appear on a sheet list schedule. Which surprises me (I mean: whyyyyy???). With revit 2012 I was wondering: I am wrong? If not: do you have a nice workaround which doesn't mean I have to manually input it.

Cheers,

3Pinter

love python coding
Tags (2)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

The reason is that the scale is a property of views, not of sheets. Therefore, the scale parameter is avaliable in a schedule of views, only. The only way to include it in a schedule of sheets would be creating a new parameter for sheets, with manual input.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 15

I partially agree with you on that Alfredo. However isn't it odd that my title block family can read the scale parameter? I understand that the scale of the sheet is set by the view however that value is show in the title block (for instance 1:100 or 'as indicated').

That value should be extractable for the sheet list, imo. Obviously I know it isn't possible but still: why not? What's a sheet list without a scale-factor? And manually ... this is not autoCad 😉

Thanks for your reply.

love python coding
Message 4 of 15

it's 2022 now, and still not resolved

Message 5 of 15
RSomppi1
in reply to: Joris.vd.Meulen

Because scale is not a sheet value. The label within title block gets the value from the view(s).

Nothing to resolve here.

Message 6 of 15
ToanDN
in reply to: Peter.HuangQGCE5

@Peter.HuangQGCE5 wrote:

it's 2022 now, and still not resolved

It already can be done since the dawn of Revit. 

In newer versions you can have custom text such as "AS INDICATED" versus the default "varies" when a sheet has views of different scales.

ToanDN_0-1657567533520.png

Message 7 of 15
Peter.HuangQGCE5
in reply to: ToanDN

Which version did you mean can achieve this?

Message 8 of 15
ToanDN
in reply to: Peter.HuangQGCE5

@Peter.HuangQGCE5 wrote:

Which version did you mean can achieve this?

This one was done in Revit 2022 but I could do it in any other version.

Message 9 of 15
B4-DavidG
in reply to: Joris.vd.Meulen

@ToanDN

It would be great if you showed us how you did it because I don't see "Scale Value" parameter in the parameter list.

Message 10 of 15
ToanDN
in reply to: B4-DavidG

It is a view list sorted by sheet.

Message 11 of 15
B4-DavidG

Thanks ToanDN.
That's a clever workaround, but using view list as a sheet index doesn't usually work in live projects. There are sheet revisions, revision dates, issue dates, directory information and tons of custom sheet parameters that people sometimes include in the sheet index.

Making "Views" field available in sheet index properties would solve this problem.
Message 12 of 15
mhiserZFHXS
in reply to: B4-DavidG

I'm not just trying to stir the pot here, but why would you practically need the scales on a sheet set anyway? It seems like added information just to add information. Its on the sheets with the drawings, which is where it is actually useful.

Message 13 of 15
wellsj2014
in reply to: RSomppi1

<Can't delete reply>

Message 14 of 15
wellsj2014

Workarounds are ok, but it just needs to be available in a straightforward sheet list so hundreds of cumulative man-hours aren't wasted on this and all the other things on the LONG workaround list for Revit.

Message 15 of 15
RobDraw
in reply to: wellsj2014

@wellsj2014 wrote:

it just needs to be available in a straightforward sheet list

That's a matter of opinion.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report