Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving to PDF using Parallels through revit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
undrake
2584 Views, 5 Replies

Saving to PDF using Parallels through revit

How do I save a file as a PDF using revit via Parallels.  In my Auto Cad Architecture I have a dwg to PDF file but don' t see it in revit.  Help!!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
GPR_MN
in reply to: undrake

You'll have to download a pdf generator to basically act as a printer.

Cute PDF Writer  hasn't failed me yet

Message 3 of 6
dworkshop
in reply to: GPR_MN

Are you serious? I have to download/install another program to print a PDF from Revit.

Autocad to PDf worked so well before!

Can Autodesk Design Review open/view Revit files?

Message 4 of 6
AJA14
in reply to: dworkshop

Hi. sorry about the other empty post. Actually you can print directly from Revit to PDF similar to what you would do with autocad. You do need a pdf creation program however installed on your computer. I have the abobe acrobat pro, some have the cutepdf, and so on. You can easily install one free online and use it.

You can also print to design review, and compile (similar to PDF) into one file or multiple files.

Regards.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 5 of 6
basilmir
in reply to: undrake

Parallels Desktop 9 now includes a Print to PDF (Mac Desktop) printer that is added to the Virtual Windows Machine by default IF "Add all Mac printers" in Configure->Hardware->Print is selected.

When you print from Revit it saves it to the mac desktop. COOL.

Message 6 of 6
mbrennan
in reply to: basilmir

Yes basilmir but you will not be able to create a custom Architectural sheet, ie. Arch D 24x36. You are only limited to the standard paper sizes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report