Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Error - "Feet per second squared"

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
mck_777
1464 Views, 11 Replies

Saving Error - "Feet per second squared"

I have two student versions of Revit 2013. Upon the first one not working and thinking maybe there was something wrong in the free downloadable version from the student site, I purchased the second in an "Autodesk Building Design Suite" via Amazon.com. Both programs are giving me the same error message on two different computers upon trying to save: "feet per second squared". I have the option to click "close." Once clicked, it then gives me another pop up stating "File not saved," again with option to close.

I have had the saving issues with the Revit 2011, Revit 2012, and still on the 2013. Revit 2011 worked for about 3/4 of a semester (unfortunately stopped working a couple weeks before end of the semester). I have uninstalled the programs thru the uninstall feature in the programs "set up" numerous times to re-install and find the problem not fixed. I have also been doing this on my laptop and desktop. So I do know that it is not just the one computer giving me trouble.

I have tried searching the forums on both the student forum site and via Google. The only advise I received from any of this was disk space issues. I am pretty sure I do not have this with either of my computers. My laptop has 8gb RAM and a 750gb Hard drive with roughly 475gb still free. My desktop has 4gb RAM and (2) 2Tb Hard Drives. In case this was too much hard drive from the program (which I doubt it is), I did try saving to an 8gb usb drive. I have also run both "Disk Clean Up" and "CCleaner" on both of the computers. A few days ago, this did allow me to save on the laptop, but was unable to do a "save as" on that same project. I opened Revit up again today and am no longer able to save once again. I ran the cleaning programs again, and no luck.

I do not know if it will help, but I have attached a pdf file that has screen shots of what I am talking about. I am really hoping we can resolve this issue.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
LisaDrago
in reply to: mck_777

This is certainly new to me, have never see it before.... Have you contacted your educational reseller to see about putting in a ticket with Autodesk support?

I can try and escalate it here... I will let you know..

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 12
nhultz

I also just got this "error" message. I try to save and it says "Feet per second squared", then tells me it cannot be saved.

Other forums have mentioned disk space possibly causing the problem, but I have not found that to be an issue, and even deleting files as suggested has not helped.

Has there been any feedback from Autodesk that could help remedy this!?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 12
rosskirby
in reply to: nhultz

This error is a result of not having enough space on the disk you're trying to save to.  I usually see it when someone is working on a file off of a USB drive, and is trying to save changes.  You need about double the file size in capacity on the USB drive in order to use it as a working drive.  If you're working on your local disk or on a network share, make sure that it has enough capacity.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 12
nhultz
in reply to: rosskirby

It is on my works network. The drive has over 550 gigs of free space.
Message 6 of 12
rosskirby

If you're working on a workshared file, you need to make sure that your local machine also has enough capacity (double-check your Temp folder), since when you sync, it's going to try to save the local file first.  If it can't do that, you get the units error (insufficient disk space).

Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you, except to verify with your IT administrator(s) that the network drive isn't somehow misreporting the amount of free space, or that you don't have read-only access to the drive where you're trying to save the file.  In the meantime, save to your local machine, so you won't lose anything.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 7 of 12
nhultz
in reply to: rosskirby

I tried everything as suggested, and still no luck! 😞

I have cleared out my temp folder (and yes, I emptied the recycle bin), and
no success. I am not even able to save to my local drive. To temporarily
work on the file, I had to move myself to a new computer and then
everything worked just fine! So obviously it has something to do with my
comp. Is there something else I should look at that may help? I have like
9GB RAM, and otherwise have no issues with this comp. Very irritating!

Thanks!
Message 8 of 12
rosskirby

At this point you may need to get your IT department (if there is one) involved, because there seems to be some problem with your machine.  What's the size of your C drive?  How much space is it reporting?  Have you restarted recently?  Have you had any new software or Windows or antivirus updates installed recently?

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 9 of 12
nhultz

So this is still an issue!

Just yesterday I downloaded and ran "CCLeaner", which after doing so allowed me to save my Revit File, which is a link into my central.

Today, I open my local and edit some work and when I go to save I get the same error again!

I am really confused now. I have 752 GB of free space on my C drive, and almost 550 GB on the network drives. Currently am running a disk cleanup to see if this helps.

I really need to find a solution!

Message 10 of 12
nhultz

Ok, another strange detail. I can SOMETIMES do a "Save As", and then syncronize. BUT if I just do a "SAVE", it will not allow it? What the hell?

Message 11 of 12
mck_777

I honestly gave up on the search for a "quick" fix because all the ones I ever found online via Autodesk or google didn't work, or like it has been said, work for one or two projects and then will stop again. I went and wiped my two computers clean back to factory standards and re-installed all my programs. So far everything seems to work for me. Granted I have not spent a whole lot of time using the program since, but plan on it this month. I know when the problem first started happening for me, I didn't recall installing anything or updating anything on my computer(s). If I find out that wiping my computer(s) didn't fix this "long term" I will repost.

Message 12 of 12
islam-hamza01

It just happened to me i realized that I accidentally installed an anti malware program while updating a youtube downloader program ,, so i uninstalled all programs installed that day including the malware one to make sure i erased everything and it worked  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report