Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save is grayed out

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jonmcfarlandGY
2068 Views, 5 Replies

Save is grayed out

On some of my projects, the Save option is grayed out and unavailable.  I can do a Save As and overwrite the previous file (which gives me no backups), but a simple Save doesn't work.  It's not a central file or linked to any other files.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jon

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jason_S
in reply to: jonmcfarlandGY

It isn't opened twice by mistake is it?  Someone else maybe?  That is the only time I have seen that happen.  Also, permissions on the server end could be set to read only.

Message 3 of 6
jonmcfarlandGY
in reply to: Jason_S

No, nobody else has it open and the file isn't set to Read Only.  I've copied the filed locally and have the same issue.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered
Message 4 of 6
jdagen

I've just had the same thing happen. Any thoughts as to what is going on?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I have this same thing happening, is there a quick fix? I have closed and re-opened and still, save is disabled. I am unable to change the location of the central file if desired as well.

Message 6 of 6
SteveKStafford
in reply to: Anonymous

Any chance you've accidentally opened the Revit Viewer version instead of Revit? Are you double clicking a file to open it?

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report