Revit Architecture

Message 1 of 5 (331 Views)
Accepted Solution

Save family as previous version

331 Views, 4 Replies
02-23-2012 02:22 PM

It would be really nice to be able to save a family as a previous version.  There are so many things we've created in Revit Arch 2012 that we can't use when an older drawing comes up again.  I know we should upgrade the .rvt to the newest version, but that's not how it works where I work.  In my backwards company we do things the hard way, so for people like us, it would be nice to just save the .rfa as Revit Arch 2011 or 2010 etc. even if some of the stuff doesn't transfer, the attributes would.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 5 (306 Views)

Re: Save family as previous version

02-25-2012 09:33 AM in reply to: squid44th

No, it is not possible in Revit to save as a previous versions, and it will probably stay like that forever.  It is recommended to keep the subscription active. In the US, it can be around $700+ a year, and for that money you always get the new version, plus, I have read here, that the subscription gives you access to two older versions, as well, if you need them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 3 of 5 (286 Views)

02-27-2012 07:32 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

its actually 3 previous versions under subscription

Valued Contributor
alex60
Message 4 of 5 (277 Views)

02-27-2012 10:15 AM in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Darren I am under subscription and downloaded most of the applications there for 2012 and I did not see the command to save back in Revit. Please Could you tell me which file do I have to download?

Thanks Alex

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 5 of 5 (272 Views)

02-27-2012 10:33 AM in reply to: alex60

your not saving back

you get acces to the 3 previous releases of the software

it has nothing to do with saving back

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube