Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SURVEYOR BOUNDRY LINE, CAD SPLINE TO POLYLINE

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
OXARCHITECTS
533 Views, 2 Replies

SURVEYOR BOUNDRY LINE, CAD SPLINE TO POLYLINE

The surveyor's CAD file includes a boundary line that is mostly curves.  It's drawn as a spline.  I'm trying to create a PROPERTY LINE in Revit. I've converted the spline to a polyline in CAD.  In Revit, PROPERTY LINE sketch mode, I can hghlight the polyline but can't select what I've highlights.  Only one of the polylines gets selected.  So I have to try to select them all one at a time.  Any suggestions to converting a spline to polyline in CAD for use in REVIT?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LisaDrago
in reply to: OXARCHITECTS

I need a little more info... you are in the property line command in Revit. once in the sketch mode - you are trying to select the AutoCAD line as a reference to create the propertly line?

I can hghlight the polyline but can't select what I've highlights.  Only one of the polylines gets selected.  So I have to try to select them all one at a time

As you are working in skech mode you can select the lines one at a time? 

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 3
OXARCHITECTS
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, when working in Property Line sketch mode I can select segments of the polyline one at a time.  I can use the tab key to highlight all of the connected segments in the polyline but when I then go to select it only one of the highlighted segments is actually selected.

Keep in mind the history of the polyline I'm working with.  It came from a surveyor.  I don't know what software they used.  It might have been translated to AutoCAD.  It was originally a spline and I converted it to a polyline.  I've tried to work with both the spline and the polyline and both are problematic. 

My guess is there is some incompatibility between splines and or polylines in Revit.  I'm curious if others have had similar experience. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report