Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAVING IN EDIT MODE

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Desertruins
6214 Views, 3 Replies

SAVING IN EDIT MODE

I'm a beginner, starting my first project and attempting to save my first toposurface in my first project file. Steps: I click on the Massing & Site Tab, then on the Toposurface Icon. The tab automatically switches to the Modify/Edit Surface Tab. Then I place the points and generate the toposurface. Then I try to save this work and get the following popup window"

SAVING IN EDIT MODE

Changes made in this edit mode will not be saved. The project will be saved as it was before you entered this mode.

SAVE      CANCEL

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now own my own and searching HELP, but making absolutely no progress, very frustrating.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
loboarch
in reply to: Desertruins

You need to complete the toposurface BEFORE you try and save the file.  Complete the toposurface by clicking the green checkmark in the context tab on the ribbon.  Once the toposurface is completed you can save the file.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 4
Desertruins

Jeff, MANY thanks. I went back and reviewed the toposurface video define by point. Sure enough, the instruction to check the green arrow and finish the model was a part of that. Feeling kind of stupid but this eliminated a bottle neck for me in a number of other areas. Again, thank you.

Message 4 of 4
loboarch

I am glad you are able to move forward.  Be aware there are a number of elements in Revit that are created when in an editing mode and the "finish" check mark needs to be selected to complete the creation of the object.  When in a "mode" like this the other elements in the project are shown in 1/2 tone to let you know you are in an editing mode.

Good luck with Revit.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report