Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounded walls on a pool?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
thomasmatt80
1377 Views, 5 Replies

Rounded walls on a pool?

I'm making a pool and i wanted to round the corners to make it seem more real. Is there a way to do a sort of "fillet" on the corners of the walls to make them round?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ccollins
in reply to: thomasmatt80

You can use an in-place Void to "cut" away the rounded edges.

Or, you could create a Mass that has the rounded edges, and convert the faces to walls??? Not sure about this approach.

You may also be able to use a Void in a hosted wall sweep to cut the rounded edges.

Give these a try and post back how it works.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 6
downing.nigel
in reply to: ccollins

Even easier is to draw a detail line where you want the walls.  Fillet the line corners.  You now have rectangular detail line with filleted corners.
Now to place the wall, start the wall command, but in stead of placing with the mouse pointer go to the ribbon and under "Modify Place WaLL" on the "draw"
panel pick "pick lines".  Use the tab key to pick all of the detail lines together, and finish.

Message 4 of 6
ccollins
in reply to: downing.nigel

Is the OP asking about rounded corners in Plan, or as I thought--in Section???

If in Section, thinking about this a bit more, you could use a Slab Edge with a bullnosed profile at the edge of the pool

where the slab meets the vertical pool walls.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 6
sashaPTTH2
in reply to: ccollins

I am trying to achieve something similar between the base of the walls and the pool floor.

This is what I currently have:

sashaPTTH2_0-1620967260798.png

And this is what I want:

sashaPTTH2_1-1620967380502.png

Any ideas!? Thanks for the help!

Message 6 of 6
ennujozlagam
in reply to: sashaPTTH2

you can try model in-place sweep> add floor and join them together with same materials and see if helps. thanks

vg.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report