Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotation challenges in Groups

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
lorchard
351 Views, 1 Reply

Rotation challenges in Groups

I'm trying to host a face-based family to another family, and then group them together.  I have tried hosting to the item itself, and also creating a separate group where the items are hosted to the floor, grouped, and then the group elevation set to the height I need.  In both situations, I'm seeing rotation issues - certain instances of the face-based family will rotate to the set degree, and others will remain in their original position.  (see attached)

Does anyone have any tips/tricks to get around this? I've been spending too many hours trying to fix this.  The only other option I have is to nest the face-based family into the host family, but that is not how I would like this to work. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
LisaDrago
in reply to: lorchard

Hello and Welcome to the Discussion! 

Groups can be a bit difficult to work with. They are great if you want to place the group the same way each time.

But when you get into rotating - as you can see they do not respond as well.

Typically if I have a group of elements - and I know need the same but mirrored - I would create 2 groups - one for each set-up. That would go the same for rotating... It just does not function well, as you are finding.

Nesting would be a good option - or placing everything manually where you need them.

Not sure if anyone else has any ideas.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report