Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating? Making the pivot point not movable?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
znewkerk
1603 Views, 1 Reply

Rotating? Making the pivot point not movable?

Hi, im having trouble with a rotational object. I Basically made a basketball system in the category of specialty equipment. i made several different families in the same category and have nested one big family in specialty equipment.. I then loaded the nested family into a Generic face base template and change the caegory to specialty  equipment, after completeing the steps i then loaded it into another family that is just specialty equipment. My problem is that, im either getting constraint problems when i set up my angular dimension parameter and try changing it's angle or when i do get it to change angles the pivot point keeps moving around...The main point is how do i get my pivot point to stay still and have my angle parameter change without errors???

Please help and any additional feedback or suggestions is much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rosskirby
in reply to: znewkerk

Create a reference line in your host family, and constrain the endpoint of that line to reference planes that define the X and Y coordinates of the origin of rotation.  Set up the angular parameter between one of those planes and the reference line, and then constrain your geometry to the reference line.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report