Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate Lighting Fixture

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
SamuelAB
5851 Views, 21 Replies

Rotate Lighting Fixture

I am trying to create a light fixture with a head that can rotate in two axes so that the light can aim up or down and left or right.

I have been unable to create a light fixture that can rotate up and down as shown in the Revit help files.

Here is a resume of my two attempts at creating this and the reasons why they failed:

Embedded family solution: The embedded family will not rotate vertically even as a face based fixture hosted on a line reference. If you rotate the line reference in the horizontal axis, the hosted embedded fixture ignores the rotation and does not follow.

Unique family solution: The light source will not move even if it is locked to a reference line, it evokes an error.

If you have done this succesfuly in the past, please let me know.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
SamuelAB
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I'm sorry, but It seems you're nitpicking over trite details.

Message 22 of 22
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: SamuelAB

Sorry, I'm used to being very precise about this.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report