Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room tag parameters

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sparrowitis
245 Views, 5 Replies

Room tag parameters

I am looking for a room tag that I can edit:

Reshape the text box to fit into rooms
Turn off the text so just the number shows in small rooms (referenced by legend on drawing)
Turn off the whole tag in cluttered rooms eg. stairwells (still referenced in room schedule)

Is this possible?

Also, can a room tag calculate the area of a void or stairwell space spanning multiple floors?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sbrown
in reply to: sparrowitis

Yes the room tag is an annotation family. There are a number of predefined ones. Just open it up and modify as needed and re load. Take a look at the family tutorials regarding labels, labels are how you create "smart" tags like area, room name, number, etc.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

On tags that don't fit in to a room, such as a stairwell....why not add a leader, and put the tag outside the room? "sparrowitis" wrote in message news:13767568.1101281102558.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I am looking for a room tag that I can edit: > > Reshape the text box to fit into rooms > Turn off the text so just the number shows in small rooms (referenced by legend on drawing) > Turn off the whole tag in cluttered rooms eg. stairwells (still referenced in room schedule) > > Is this possible? > > Also, can a room tag calculate the area of a void or stairwell space spanning multiple floors?
Message 4 of 6
sparrowitis

Thanks for the tip. Normally I would use a leader. Let's just say I am designing a maze and all the adjacent rooms rooms are also too small for text.
Message 5 of 6
sparrowitis

I still haven't worked out how to create a "reshapeable" text box without creating a new family for every room tag.

I have solved the "remove text" option by creating a new room tag with only the number showing.

To hide room tags completely I created them then deleted them. They still show up in the room schedule but they are "not tagged". A bit dodgy, but does the job. I tried making the text white but it didn't work for some reason.

Still don't know how to calculate area of multi-storey voids...anybody?
Message 6 of 6

Don't think you'll succeed with the reshapeable text box, sorry. Unless there is a font out there that includes a box?

To "hide" your tags first create a master plan that you can tag every room for each level, don't put the master plans on sheets. Then use "duplicate with detailing" for each of the master plans and use the other tags to identify just the spaces you want named in those copies.

Multi-story voids need to be done by identifying them at each level as well but you can use a shared parameter (ex: ISmultistory) so you can group rooms by this parameter. Only rooms that are true for multistory will be grouped.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report