Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room &Area

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
ramtin.dabiri
744 Views, 16 Replies

Room &Area

please help me on this topic:

I've finished my project modeling and now I want to tag and calculate the room area of each room . the problem is :

"althuogh all of the walls in each level have boundary box ticked but when i want to room each space the room facility is not recognise the internal walls . and i have to skech each boundary room . (again although all of the walls have the room boundary ticked.) and only the walls on the premeter of the project have been recognise as the room boundary.

what is the problem? 

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
CoreyDaun
in reply to: ramtin.dabiri

Sorry for the late response - but do your interior walls happen to belong to a Design Option?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 17

thanks for your reply . I have never check the topic you told me .

if possible please guide me. 

Message 4 of 17
CoreyDaun

Here is a link to the WikiHelp on Design Options so you can read the basics. Essentially, they're intended for alternate designs.

There is a simple way to determine if your walls are on a Design Option - Select one of your interior walls and then there is a pull-down list at the very bottom of the application, to the left of the "Exclude Options" checkbox. If that reads "Main Model", then your walls do NOT belong to a Design Option.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 17
ramtin.dabiri
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Let me explain it to you more.

this building has got some same tipical plan in some levels . so in these situation I design and draw one level plan and then copy the walls to the other levels that have the same plan . in these levels only the walls that are as the exterior walls are considered as the room line .( exacly the problem ) 

when i try to draw the room line(room seperation lines) to the wall it warns me that "A wall and a room separation line overlap. One of them may be ignored when Revit finds room boundaries. Shorten or delete the room separation line to remove the overlap"

It shows that the walls have the room boundary line but I can not use the walls boundary line to seperate each room . I have to sketch all of the room seperation lines for interior walls.

Message 6 of 17
ramtin.dabiri

Is it necessary to define a design set for the project . I do all of the project in the main model . is it the problem ?

Message 7 of 17
CoreyDaun

@ramtin.dabiri wrote:

"Is it necessary to define a design set for the project . I do all of the project in the main model . is it the problem ?" 

Nope. Design Options are only needed when you have multiple different designs options for a given area of which only one will ultimately be selected. For example, two different design possibilities for a main entrance.

Message 8 of 17
CoreyDaun

@ramtin.dabiri wrote:

"...so in these situation I design and draw one level plan and then copy the walls to the other levels that have the same plan..."

Could you post an image of the Properties Palette of one of the offending interor walls that was copied in this way?

Message 9 of 17
ramtin.dabiri

please find the attached file

Message 10 of 17
CoreyDaun

If you draw a new wall (with the same properties of the troublesome walls) does the Room recognize it as a valid boundary? Also, try copying one of the interior walls (using the Copy command, not Copy to Clipboard).

Message 11 of 17
ramtin.dabiri

yes exactly . a minute age  I did it again . I drew a closed area on level 7 and copied it on level 6 . 

again on level 7 ( i drew , it could recognise the room boundary )but for level 6 that I copied, it can not recognise the room boundary .

please find the attached file.

Message 12 of 17
CoreyDaun

From floor-to-floor, are you using the standard Copy command or Copy to Clipboard » Paste Aligned to Selected Levels/Current View?

Message 13 of 17
ramtin.dabiri

I use copy and paste (alighned to selected level ) from clipboard panel .

Message 14 of 17
ramtin.dabiri

copy and paste

Message 15 of 17

From a section or elevation view, select your datum symbol for Level 6. See its Computational Height parameter. Has it been altered unknowingly? The default computational height is 0. If that value is higher than your interior walls, your rooms will be ignored. Maybe your exterior walls go full height spanning several floors, and that's why they are recognized as boundaries?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 16 of 17

the exterior walls go fully up from  1st level up to 9th level .

but for example we want to create rooms on level 6 . 

in this situation I choose the exterior walls and limit them to go up up to 7th level . again the problem have not solved.

again I copy the exterior walls to the up levels the same like interior walls . the problem has not been solved

Message 17 of 17

Dear alfredo 

thanks for your reply and guidance.

The floors are placed  11cm over than the level datum . and all of the exterior walls re go up to 10th and the others go up to 14th level .

so the floors and the extrior walls have connection on level datum . 

baut the interior walls conneect ech other on 11 cm over the level datum .

and the computation height were defined zero as a default .

so when i change it to 11 cm all of the walls were recognised as room boundary.

best regards,

Ramtin Dabiri

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report