Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Tag Issues

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
chris_pitt
2086 Views, 4 Replies

Room Tag Issues

Hi

I'm having issues with positioning room tags.

When I try to position my prefered tag in some, mostly, small rooms I get an out of room error.

I assume this relates to an insertion point over which I have no apparent control which can be clearly seen, a green line, when trying to move the tag - see attached screen grab.

As I don't want to use a leader any suggestions or am I missing something obvious?

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: chris_pitt

It appears that the Elements in the Family are not located on the origin point (intersection of the reference planes). You can open the Family for editing to correct this, but all of your existing Tags will be changed as well.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
chris_pitt
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Noted but the family editor doesn't give me the option for reference planes, only reference lines

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: chris_pitt

The Reference Planes are already there. Most likely, Annotation Categories are turned off under Visibility/Graphics Overrides.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
chris_pitt
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report