Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof with Bevel edges and two axis slope

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1597 Views, 5 Replies

Roof with Bevel edges and two axis slope

Is it possible to create this roof shape in Revit ? If so could someone indicate procedure briefly. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes...you would need to use an in place family. You would first create an extrusion in the shape of your "Plan View". Then you would create a void extrusion to cut the top of your roof to the desired slope...it is actually a single slope...it is just your coordinate system that makes it look like it is a 2-axis slope. Use the "Cut Geometry" tool to make the void cut the solid. Finally, create a void sweep along the edge of the surface...If I get time I will post an example in the gallery... "Tonino" wrote in message news:40e49dde_1@newsprd01... > Is it possible to create this roof shape in Revit ? > If so could someone indicate procedure briefly. > > Thanks > > >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Everything is fine until I try to create a void sweep along the edge of the surface. I get the following error message. Any further help would be greatly appreciated. "Greg Cashen" wrote in message news:40e49fe5$1_3@newsprd01... > Yes...you would need to use an in place family. You would first create an > extrusion in the shape of your "Plan View". Then you would create a void > extrusion to cut the top of your roof to the desired slope...it is actually > a single slope...it is just your coordinate system that makes it look like > it is a 2-axis slope. Use the "Cut Geometry" tool to make the void cut the > solid. Finally, create a void sweep along the edge of the surface...If I get > time I will post an example in the gallery... > > > "Tonino" wrote in message news:40e49dde_1@newsprd01... > > Is it possible to create this roof shape in Revit ? > > If so could someone indicate procedure briefly. > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Can't you leave out ellips or splines? [trace contour?] Your plan looks like circle/arc-segments + straight lines... "Tonino" schreef in bericht news:40e9ee87_1@newsprd01... > Everything is fine until I try to create a void sweep along the edge of the > surface. I get the following error message. > > Any further help would be greatly appreciated. > > > > > "Greg Cashen" wrote in message > news:40e49fe5$1_3@newsprd01... > > Yes...you would need to use an in place family. You would first create an > > extrusion in the shape of your "Plan View". Then you would create a void > > extrusion to cut the top of your roof to the desired slope...it is > actually > > a single slope...it is just your coordinate system that makes it look like > > it is a 2-axis slope. Use the "Cut Geometry" tool to make the void cut the > > solid. Finally, create a void sweep along the edge of the surface...If I > get > > time I will post an example in the gallery... > > > > > > "Tonino" wrote in message > news:40e49dde_1@newsprd01... > > > Is it possible to create this roof shape in Revit ? > > > If so could someone indicate procedure briefly. > > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I got the same error when I tried it...I played around with using an n-gon edge, but to no avail.. :( "v.valentijn" wrote in message news:40eab395$1_1@newsprd01... > Can't you leave out ellips or splines? [trace contour?] Your plan looks like > circle/arc-segments + straight lines... > > > "Tonino" schreef in bericht > news:40e9ee87_1@newsprd01... > > Everything is fine until I try to create a void sweep along the edge of > the > > surface. I get the following error message. > > > > Any further help would be greatly appreciated. > > > > > > > > > > "Greg Cashen" wrote in message > > news:40e49fe5$1_3@newsprd01... > > > Yes...you would need to use an in place family. You would first create > an > > > extrusion in the shape of your "Plan View". Then you would create a void > > > extrusion to cut the top of your roof to the desired slope...it is > > actually > > > a single slope...it is just your coordinate system that makes it look > like > > > it is a 2-axis slope. Use the "Cut Geometry" tool to make the void cut > the > > > solid. Finally, create a void sweep along the edge of the surface...If I > > get > > > time I will post an example in the gallery... > > > > > > > > > "Tonino" wrote in message > > news:40e49dde_1@newsprd01... > > > > Is it possible to create this roof shape in Revit ? > > > > If so could someone indicate procedure briefly. > > > > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 6
Steve_Stafford

I thought I'd mess around with this question a bit. Attached is where I quit for now. The real problem is the "fillet" between the cap and the sides isn't just one size arc. The same radius yes, but not the same length arc and it's easy to sweep a path along a path set at an angle but you can't tell part of the sweep to stay "vertical"

Try using model lines to sketch the path for your "shape cutting" voids instead of what you were doing. Also if you set a referernce plane (and name it) at and angle, make sure you change your work plane to use that ref plane, then sketch your path.

My example is pretty wacky and not what you really want but it was fun to experiment. I'm sure some combination would give you a pretty close approximation. Most likely It would be easier to do outside Revit (Inventor or Autocad) and import the solids into a roof family to get the exact design.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report