Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof Issues, Roof Design

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mdesposito2
531 Views, 2 Replies

Roof Issues, Roof Design

Hello friends,

I am having a problem adding a "jut-out" to my roof. Imagine a simple hip roof at a 10"/12" slope on all four sides. In elevation view, you want to add a "jut-out" or dormer thing. (sorry for my lack of terminology). I attached a poor sketch of what I am trying to accomplish. I tried making two seperate roofs, I tried using the slop arrows, I tried what feels like everything. I want the jut-out to be in line with the slope of the hip roof, and am using the 10"/12" slope to match for the look I am going for. The jut out will have the front facing side toggled OFF for the slop. therefor to look like a hip roof with a dormer thing on one side perfectly in line with one side of the hip. The commands will not let me line them up or connect them once they are both made.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

It is possible in a single roof sketch, using slope arrows.

11-18-2013 5-07-00 PM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3

Thank you so much! This helped me out a ton! I had tried every way around it, but this! Thank you again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report