Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof Drains and Scuppers

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
8294 Views, 5 Replies

Roof Drains and Scuppers

Has anyone ever created a roof drain and a scupper to be placed in a roof and wall respectively?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
fraquarc
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry I'm a new user and I have the same question! Did you find a way, or have a reply?
Message 3 of 6
melarch

You can create a roof hosted family and a wall hosted family to meet the needs of you roof drain and scupper.

You might check Revit City or AUGI for family content to see if anyone has created one of these families that meets you need.

Mel Persin, AIA
Message 4 of 6
sbrown

Yes, I have made a wall based family that contains an opening that cuts the wall with height parameters to locate the opening, it then has a conductor head and downspout.
Message 5 of 6
regalith
in reply to: sbrown

This family is exactly what I'm looking for except the insert point is way above the object so I can't insert it into a wall at the correct height.  I can insert it into the model but when I try to move it up to the correct height I get a warning that the family isn't cutting anything.  

Message 6 of 6
dcarlsen8GY35
in reply to: sbrown

Can't thank You enough - just stumbled across this and it is perfect. I had that cutting issue too but realized I was trying to put it in to a parapet beyond. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report