Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof Difficulties

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
417 Views, 3 Replies

Roof Difficulties

I'm working on trying to draw a very complex residential roof and have tried all the relevant tools in the revit roofs toolbox I can think of.  I'm working from a builder's roof plan. It contains the pitch for the various faces and depth of overhangs on their drawing, but no other info. It's been exaspirating.

I've cobbeled together many of the elements as best I can, but it's certainly inelegant. Where my biggest current problem a is creating accurate ridge joins for two separate sections.  The roof join tool doesn't work because of some apparent other joined segements and the Unjoin button is ineffective at altering the error. Another message indicates the faces miss each other in some unidentifiable manner -duh!

One portion  is a Gabled roof whose faces are based on two different levels. For that reason, I'm trying to use separatly drawn faces. The same approach for the other. It is a Hip roof whose Hip face is based one level below the gabled portion. On this roof, a ridge from an intersecting roof over a bay window intersects the hip/gable intersection. The hip and gable portions have different pitch.

I need the experience of a certified Revit Rooferator!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

To improve the chances of getting replies, questions like this one should always come with illustrations, indicating in the image where the issue is, and how it should be. Otherwise, it is very diffcult for anyone to attempt to propose a solution about a "very complex residential roof" that nobody can see.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

My apologies. I gave the explanation my best shot. I've attempted in the past to send drawings and portions of frawings only to have them rejected by the server as too large. Compressing them doesn't solve the problem. Not sure how students are supposed to send active files that can be "inspected" and manipulated  in order to see what exactly a problem might be. I've been struggeling with this for over a week and will continue to try and solve the various problems as best I can. Instead of struggeling with what it is I'm trying to convey, maybe a suggestion as to how someone might get a working file down to a size that will work would be almost as useful. Thanks for your help..

Message 4 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

A simple screen capture, a simple .jpg with notes is just fine. You don't need to upload the Revit file, especially if it is large.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report