Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rigid Insulation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Michelle Gibson
2545 Views, 3 Replies

Rigid Insulation

How do you draw it? I use the batt insulation in the detail view, which is great and quick. I expected to have a rigid insulation component as well. There isn't anything in families or patterns in the download sites.

Any suggestions? It would be great to have the option to change the width - same as batt...

thanks,
Michelle
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sbrown
in reply to: Michelle Gibson

I just create a fill pattern(to use for roof systems) for it and a filled region type(for details). I make a profile family to be used as an integral wall sweep(material rigid insul and that material has the cut pattern) for perimeter insulation and attach it to my foundation walls.
Message 3 of 4

Thanks again,

I finally figured out a fill region and pattern so I am on my way. We are looking into how to set the default fill pattern so that it is the rigid insulation instead of the cross hatch - we'll find it I'm sure.

One thing I did notice is that you need to watch what might get covered up with the fill pattern - in this case it overlapped my air barrier and I had to go back and bring the air barrier in front of the fill.

One quick question. I am putting dimensions and text on my details. Should I do this on the sheet or should I activate each detail. I am thinking that if I do the text on the sheet then I can copy it for repeat notes. The dimensions I think should stay with the active view.

Any comments?
Message 4 of 4
sbrown
in reply to: Michelle Gibson

always dim and text in the view, never on the sheet. you may need to move the view from sheet to sheet so you want the dims and notes as part of it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report