Revit Architecture

*Damir
Message 1 of 4 (467 Views)

Revolving door as a curtain wall panel

467 Views, 3 Replies
05-22-2004 09:59 PM
Hi, I have a curtain wall and revolving doors inside it. Is it possible to make so complex curtain wall panel? I was trying to make this new family the whole day, but curtain wall rejects it. Please, give me some suggestions. Damir Crnila
*Scott Davis
Message 2 of 4 (467 Views)

Re: Revolving door as a curtain wall panel

05-23-2004 09:04 AM in reply to: *Damir
How did you 'start' to make your revolving door? I would probably opened an existing curtain wall door family, did a Saveas, and modified that to see if I could get it to work. Also, there is a revolving door family available at www.rugi.org but it's wall based. But you might be able to reverse engineer that one to see how to make your curtain panel version. Ultimately, send your attempted door to Revit support, and they will help you make it work. SD "Damir" wrote in message news:40b02e6d_2@newsprd01... > Hi, > I have a curtain wall and revolving doors inside it. Is it possible to make > so complex curtain wall panel? I was trying to make this new family the > whole day, but curtain wall rejects it. Please, give me some suggestions. > > Damir Crnila > >
*Leonid Raiz
Message 3 of 4 (467 Views)

05-23-2004 01:15 PM in reply to: *Damir
Make sure to set category of your family to Curtain Panels (use Settings | Family Category and Parameters dialog). "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:40b0cb2a_1@newsprd01... > How did you 'start' to make your revolving door? I would probably opened an > existing curtain wall door family, did a Saveas, and modified that to see if > I could get it to work. > > Also, there is a revolving door family available at www.rugi.org but it's > wall based. But you might be able to reverse engineer that one to see how > to make your curtain panel version. > > Ultimately, send your attempted door to Revit support, and they will help > you make it work. > > SD > > > "Damir" wrote in message news:40b02e6d_2@newsprd01... > > Hi, > > I have a curtain wall and revolving doors inside it. Is it possible to > make > > so complex curtain wall panel? I was trying to make this new family the > > whole day, but curtain wall rejects it. Please, give me some suggestions. > > > > Damir Crnila > > > > > >
*Damir
Message 4 of 4 (467 Views)

05-24-2004 09:36 PM in reply to: *Damir
That's exactly what I did. I tried to make the same revolving door as it comes with Revit library inside panel family. Then I started deleting my door elements to see what curtain wall accepts. Almost nothing left. Problems are mostly in curved extrusions. Damir "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:40b0cb2a_1@newsprd01... > How did you 'start' to make your revolving door? I would probably opened an > existing curtain wall door family, did a Saveas, and modified that to see if > I could get it to work. > > Also, there is a revolving door family available at www.rugi.org but it's > wall based. But you might be able to reverse engineer that one to see how > to make your curtain panel version. > > Ultimately, send your attempted door to Revit support, and they will help > you make it work. > > SD > > > "Damir" wrote in message news:40b02e6d_2@newsprd01... > > Hi, > > I have a curtain wall and revolving doors inside it. Is it possible to > make > > so complex curtain wall panel? I was trying to make this new family the > > whole day, but curtain wall rejects it. Please, give me some suggestions. > > > > Damir Crnila > > > > > >

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube