Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revolving Doors

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jasonkent91
1232 Views, 1 Reply

Revolving Doors

I've been having a hard time to figure this out, and i have found nothing on the topic i have....

Whenever i try to make a mass of a revolving door, i want to try to make it setup as part of the door family... i do not want to read about curtain system, i just want a revolving door to be available as a regular door component.

so my point is: how do i make a revolving door, and how do i setup this "mass" as part of the door family? 

again, WITHOUT USING CURTAIN SYSTEMS.

Bonus: how do i make a proper design of the revolving door when i make it a conceptual mass outside the project. the image attatched is what i have made as a mass and any idea on how to make certain features (like using Mullions for the edges of the window area). this is just so i could make realistic mass' of such things as that to make my projects more beautiful.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maciejwypych
in reply to: jasonkent91

Hi,

Unfortunately you can't copy a mass from a mass family into a door family, or change a mass family category to door.

You'll need to open a door family template, and model the same "mass" in there. Adjust the wall opening size to suit your revolving door, or apply parameters to the door model that you are creating so it will become parametric.

After you finish, load the family into your project, and it will act as a door.

Thanks,

Maciej

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report