Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
joeplt125
388 Views, 5 Replies

Revit

Good afternoon, my question is: When I got to print my 2nd. floor sheet, the 1st floor is showwing as a light gray area. How do I remove the 1st. floor

or shut off the 1st. floor from my print.

Plus I really need some Detail help/information on how to convert revit in to a DXF- or any other format so I can attach it to an e-mail for some one else to view on there lap top/PC.

Thanks in adavnce

Joe Spin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jason_S
in reply to: joeplt125

In the properties palette for the second view there is an "UNDERLAY" field.  It must have the first floor selected.  Pick that drop drown and change it to none.  That should remove the first from the second.

Message 3 of 6
Jason_S

@joeplt125 wrote:

Plus I really need some Detail help/information on how to convert revit in to a DXF- or any other format so I can attach it to an e-mail for some one else to view on there lap top/PC.

Thanks in adavnce

Joe Spin

Go to the R (Big R in upper Left) --> From the drop down Select Export.

55.png

The DXF Export menu will open.

On the Right you can select Export: Current View or in-session views.  Select In-Session if you need more than one view exported.

Below that is Show in list:  select from the drop down list either Views in the Model or Sheets in Model

This will give you a list of either Views or Sheets in the model.  You can then select by checking the check boxes which views or sheets needed to export.

56.png

Once selected click next at the bottom.  This will bring you to the naming and location to save the export.  Change the version and name accordingly. Then press OK.

Done

I hope this helps you with both your questions.

Message 4 of 6
joeplt125

Thanks you for the information. it helped alot and it save me from driving around town to meet with every one.

I am looking for more training for Revit. I have Daniel Stine books , they are good start. Then I went over to Ascent's books and I got

more training and information, with that said where can I go to get MORE detailed trianing thru books.

Thanks for the help.

Joe Spinnenweber

Message 5 of 6
Jason_S

Joe - Glad that helped you out.

For training books I have always had great luck with Paul Aubin's books:  http://paulaubin.com/

They walk you through a lot of real world like examples.

Also, ask a ton of questions on here.  It is amazing how everyone helps and offers great solutions to many issues that come up.  Someone on here has been there and done that and got the bumper sticker to share.

Message 6 of 6
joeplt125
in reply to: Jason_S

Thank you again for the update I have forward an inquire to his site. I am now looking for more information Structure Detailing which it looks like I need to upload in AutoCAD Structure Detailing.
Thank you again Caddman13

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report