Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit won't start

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
steveterhune
1675 Views, 3 Replies

Revit won't start

I am unable to start Revit. I have installed, uninstalled over and over and still get a window showing an exclamation point in a yellow triangle. I tried to install 2012 and that wouldn't work. It was looking for a file when it said it still had 5 of 8 steps to go.

I did download the update. Even tried downloading from the site rather than my disks.

Same problem with Autocad and Architecture.

I have a 64-bit machine. Revit 2012 has worked previously on this computer.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: steveterhune

I think others who have had installation problems have been advised to completely uninstall the program first, using revo-installer or something like that. Search these forums for similar problems, to get the exact info. You should also be able to get installation help directly from autodesk. Thirdly, there's a licensing forum here that is for exactly these kind of quesitons 🙂

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 4
steveterhune
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Thx Bob. I had uninstalled using the normal method thru Autodesk software. I decided to take your advice, reinstall Revit (which again didn't work), then use Revo to uninstall again. Well, Revo doesn't even see Revit! It worked when I wanted to uninstall Design Review, and did a great job with that. Very puzzling, and keeping me from working at this point.

Message 4 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: steveterhune

Try a clean install and reinstall. Removing Revit from the Control Panel > Add/Remove Applications does not remove the entire application. Please read over and carefully follow all the instructions.

2013: How to Complete a Clean Install [Uninstall] of Revit products

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18782231&linkID=9243099

Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report