Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to PDF

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
octavio2
2649 Views, 8 Replies

Revit to PDF

I asked below in a previous post if a Revit drawing can be translated to PDF (so you can send it to others), and it seems that the program does not has the capability to make the PDFsdirectly like like AutoCAD has.   Is this correct? 

One of the correpondents says that one way to print to PDF is to use PDF995. 

I wonder which other ways are available to make the PDFs?

I have the free PDF Adobe reader, but I think that I could not do PDFs with that. Is that correct? (not very conversant with these thing, that is why I am inquiring.  I am also learning Revit).

Look forward to hearing about options.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
achicksify
in reply to: octavio2

Revit does not have a comparable feature to the DWG to PDF driver.  Nor, does it ship with a PDF writer.

But, you can print to a PDF writer like Adobe Acrobat.  If cost is an issue then, yes,  PDF 995 is one freeware option.

Message 3 of 9
shawn
in reply to: achicksify

I recieved serious warnings from my internet security software when I tried to download pdf995. Indications that the website was know to cause virus transmittal, etc.

So I downloaded a free version of Nova pdf and it does show up in the available printers box in Revit, but unless you buy it all your prints will have a note on the plan sheet indicating that you need to buy he full version to make the note go away. It also requires that you set up the print job twice, once for Revit and then again for Nova - it's slow and stuip in my opinion. I wouildn't buy the full version based on my experience with their free version.

I'm thinking of buying a copy of Adobe Acrobat, but am reluctant to buy the software if it doesn't install seemlessly into Revit. Does anyone have experience with this? Or other recommendations?

Message 4 of 9
edward_saota
in reply to: shawn

Try Cute PDF Writer, I've been using it for years, with Revit too, works seemlessy and is very versitile.. and best of all free!

www.cutepdf.com

Regards

Edward

Message 5 of 9
jbc
Enthusiast

Check this plug-in coming soon

http://www.xrev.com.au/

Gregg

Message 6 of 9
octavio2

Any one knows already if a native PDF creatior was added to Revit 2012?  I looked at the link that was referenced by"slatch" above but I did not see it there. Please advise.

Message 7 of 9
RaoulTittel
in reply to: edward_saota

Been using cute PDF writer for years also. Works fine for me. The less stuff built into Revit that is not entirely necessary the better.

Raoul

Using Revit 2012
Message 8 of 9
jbc
Enthusiast

I have been using the XREV plug-in now for 2 weeks and its saving me a lot of time on printing and transmitting. Easy to use. Its worth downloading the trial.

www.xrev.com.au

Gjettner

Message 9 of 9
opoelchau

Revit does not have a pdf-export out of the box (as far as I can see).

I also recommend CutePDF as the pdf-printer of choice. Free, quick, easy to use, and the results a good.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report