Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to 3ds Design Max: Daylight Analysis

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
krisweeks1
811 Views, 2 Replies

Revit to 3ds Design Max: Daylight Analysis

This request is for anyone who has used a Revit to 3ds Max for daylight analysis, especially for LEED certification.

I created a building in Revit. I linked to it in 3ds Max Design with the intent of doing daylight analysis. In 3ds Max, I can't really get at floor plans of my Revit building. It only recognizes 3d views and cameras. So my question is, how do you use 3ds Max to create light meter grids in each room, on each floor, of a multi-floor building?

I can do it very roughly, very approximately, by eye-balling it when I draw the light meter grid. I need to set my building to wireframe view so I can see the walls. I can approximately set the height off the floor of the grid by eye-balling it in a side view.

There's got to be an easier way to isolate a floor plan, add the light meter grids precisely to each room, and then precisely set them 30" off the floor (typical worksurface height). Anyone have a good workflow for this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Have you tried doing the grids in CAD and then importing the CAD file into 3ds? That's how I learned to do it. There should be an *easier* way though...

AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 SP2
AutoCAD 2013 SP2
Message 3 of 3

I haven't. I'll give that a try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report