Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit rocks...

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
910 Views, 9 Replies

Revit rocks...

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What no message Aaron. You have always waxed so eloquently, whether in praise or critique, so it is hard to imagine the absence of you incites and wit filling the white void I see on my screen. Come on Aaron, do not dis-appoint this audience with the emptiness of space, demonstrate the power of words. -- Mel Persin, Architect-AIA Network/CAD Consultant, Support & Training "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:3fddf682$1_4@statler... > >
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Rushing to get the first post in... ;-) Having recently returned to full time practice after a stint as a reseller, I can say that nothing beats Revit for architectue. No need for AutoCAD on my workstation... "Mel Persin" wrote in message news:3fde0717$1_2@statler... > What no message Aaron. You have always waxed so eloquently, whether in > praise or critique, so it is hard to imagine the absence of you incites and > wit filling the white void I see on my screen. > > Come on Aaron, do not dis-appoint this audience with the emptiness of space, > demonstrate the power of words. > > -- > Mel Persin, Architect-AIA > Network/CAD Consultant, > Support & Training > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > news:3fddf682$1_4@statler... > > > > > >
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

It is looking good isn't it? How do you suppose the transition from ADT will happen? Integrated or orphaned? I always tell the story about the salesman for the Mayline company that told me it took his company 20 years to convince architects to begin using the parallel rule. They did not want to give up their T-squares. I don't think AutoDesk wants to wait that long ;-) -- <%= Clinton Gallagher A/E/C Consulting, Web Design, e-Commerce Software Development Wauwatosa, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin USA NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:3fde1359$1_5@statler... > Rushing to get the first post in... ;-) > Having recently returned to full time practice after a stint as a reseller, > I can say that nothing beats Revit for architectue. No need for AutoCAD on > my workstation... > > "Mel Persin" wrote in message > news:3fde0717$1_2@statler... > > What no message Aaron. You have always waxed so eloquently, whether in > > praise or critique, so it is hard to imagine the absence of you incites > and > > wit filling the white void I see on my screen. > > > > Come on Aaron, do not dis-appoint this audience with the emptiness of > space, > > demonstrate the power of words. > > > > -- > > Mel Persin, Architect-AIA > > Network/CAD Consultant, > > Support & Training > > > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > > news:3fddf682$1_4@statler... > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

I would certainly hope not lol... -- -hj- www.revitcity.com "clintonG" wrote in message news:3fde1a15$1_6@statler... > It is looking good isn't it? > How do you suppose the transition from ADT will happen? > Integrated or orphaned? > > I always tell the story about the salesman for the Mayline > company that told me it took his company 20 years to convince > architects to begin using the parallel rule. They did not want to give > up their T-squares. > > I don't think AutoDesk wants to wait that long ;-) > > -- > <%= Clinton Gallagher > A/E/C Consulting, Web Design, e-Commerce Software Development > Wauwatosa, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin USA > NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com > URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ > > > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > news:3fde1359$1_5@statler... > > Rushing to get the first post in... ;-) > > Having recently returned to full time practice after a stint as a > reseller, > > I can say that nothing beats Revit for architectue. No need for AutoCAD on > > my workstation... > > > > "Mel Persin" wrote in message > > news:3fde0717$1_2@statler... > > > What no message Aaron. You have always waxed so eloquently, whether in > > > praise or critique, so it is hard to imagine the absence of you incites > > and > > > wit filling the white void I see on my screen. > > > > > > Come on Aaron, do not dis-appoint this audience with the emptiness of > > space, > > > demonstrate the power of words. > > > > > > -- > > > Mel Persin, Architect-AIA > > > Network/CAD Consultant, > > > Support & Training > > > > > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > > > news:3fddf682$1_4@statler... > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

My Vote... Just bail on ADT. I seen no reason to wait at all... Revit imports AutoCAD information just fine. and exports. I needed to do a reflected ceiling plan for an AutoCAD project. Imported in to Revit . Draw the RCP in Revit - exported to AutoCAD - no one the wiser and much faster. "Hiroshi Jacobs" wrote in message news:3fde21c7$1_2@statler... > I would certainly hope not lol... > > -- > -hj- > www.revitcity.com > > > "clintonG" wrote in message > news:3fde1a15$1_6@statler... > > It is looking good isn't it? > > How do you suppose the transition from ADT will happen? > > Integrated or orphaned? > > > > I always tell the story about the salesman for the Mayline > > company that told me it took his company 20 years to convince > > architects to begin using the parallel rule. They did not want to give > > up their T-squares. > > > > I don't think AutoDesk wants to wait that long ;-) > > > > -- > > <%= Clinton Gallagher > > A/E/C Consulting, Web Design, e-Commerce Software Development > > Wauwatosa, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin USA > > NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com > > URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ > > > > > > > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > > news:3fde1359$1_5@statler... > > > Rushing to get the first post in... ;-) > > > Having recently returned to full time practice after a stint as a > > reseller, > > > I can say that nothing beats Revit for architectue. No need for AutoCAD > on > > > my workstation... > > > > > > "Mel Persin" wrote in message > > > news:3fde0717$1_2@statler... > > > > What no message Aaron. You have always waxed so eloquently, whether > in > > > > praise or critique, so it is hard to imagine the absence of you > incites > > > and > > > > wit filling the white void I see on my screen. > > > > > > > > Come on Aaron, do not dis-appoint this audience with the emptiness of > > > space, > > > > demonstrate the power of words. > > > > > > > > -- > > > > Mel Persin, Architect-AIA > > > > Network/CAD Consultant, > > > > Support & Training > > > > > > > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > > > > news:3fddf682$1_4@statler... > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Actually I thought it was "saying it all".... "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:3fddf682$1_4@statler... > >
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

i agree. Z. "Steve Stafford" wrote in message news:3fde7354_6@statler... > Actually I thought it was "saying it all".... > > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > news:3fddf682$1_4@statler... > > > > > >
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

With regards to ADT, it seems like Autodesk wants to let it go quietly into the night. Phil Bernstein said that they would continue to support and develop ADT as long as there was a demand from their customers. Coupled with the release of the AutoCad-Revit Series, this sounds like they are aiming to get those who have purchased ARCHITECTURAL Desktop solely because they are ARCHITECTS, not because they intend to utilize BIM, to trade it in for something they might actually use. The majority of ADT licences will be relinquished and Autodesk can say, "well...that's the end of that" and dump ADT.
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Only time will... "JamesVan" wrote in message news:3978253.1071698463279.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > With regards to ADT, it seems like Autodesk wants to let it go quietly into the night. Phil Bernstein said that they would continue to support and develop ADT as long as there was a demand from their customers. Coupled with the release of the AutoCad-Revit Series, this sounds like they are aiming to get those who have purchased ARCHITECTURAL Desktop solely because they are ARCHITECTS, not because they intend to utilize BIM, to trade it in for something they might actually use. The majority of ADT licences will be relinquished and Autodesk can say, "well...that's the end of that" and dump ADT.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report