Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit rocks even more...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
572 Views, 6 Replies

Revit rocks even more...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you explain why it rocks? Is there anything that has been improved that you find particulary important? --- stefkeB --- "Aaron Rumple" > 6.0
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Only a real Revit user would know. "Come to the Dark Side!" and find out! "stefkeB" wrote in message news:3fe1a5f0$1_7@statler... > Can you explain why it rocks? > Is there anything that has been improved that you find particulary > important? > > --- stefkeB --- > > > "Aaron Rumple" > > 6.0 > >
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

As an ArchiCAD user (with working experience with AutoCAD & VectorWorks and limited experience with Arkey, Arc+, Triforma & Revit) I'm seriously looking at what is so special about Revit. I have 5.1 now and just downloaded 6.0, but it is waiting to be installed here. Can you tell in a few words what is so good about the new version? As I'm not a power user I might really underestimate the things you find very important when you work with Revit. Please "enlighten" me! As a "real Revit user" you should know what makes the new version so special. --- stefkeB --- P.S. In the ArchiCAD discussions M$ Windows is being referred to as the "dark side". "therrien" wrote in message news:3fe1bc8e_6@statler... > Only a real Revit user would know. > "Come to the Dark Side!" and find out! > > > "stefkeB" wrote in message > news:3fe1a5f0$1_7@statler... > > Can you explain why it rocks? > > Is there anything that has been improved that you find particulary > > important? > > > > --- stefkeB --- > > > > > > "Aaron Rumple" > > > 6.0 > > > > > >
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

StefkeB Nice to see a Belgian here, Welkom It's the kind of trill you find in any newsgroup when a new version is released (like a bunch of schoolgirls..) Here you find all the new/updated features http://revit.autodesk.com/EN/6_0/Documents/Release_Notes.htm Difficult to say what's so great about a new feature. At zoogdesign there is a discussion about the new "design option" (The possibility to have different proposels of a study in one file). One firm doesn't use such an option, the other does extensive. What realy impressed me as a novice user is the many small updates / features that came right of the users wishlist. The programmers realy use these lists as a base for further improvements. They don't try to invent the wheel again, just listen to real world examples of users in real architectural firms. For me as a former acad user, thats something to be thrilled about. Probable this is not going to "enlighten" you but i've gived it a try. Beste wensen voor het nieuwe jaar Nic Maes "stefkeB" wrote in message news:3fe2bac7$1_3@statler... > As an ArchiCAD user (with working experience with AutoCAD & VectorWorks and > limited experience with Arkey, Arc+, Triforma & Revit) I'm seriously looking > at what is so special about Revit. I have 5.1 now and just downloaded 6.0, > but it is waiting to be installed here. > > Can you tell in a few words what is so good about the new version? As I'm > not a power user I might really underestimate the things you find very > important when you work with Revit. Please "enlighten" me! As a "real Revit > user" you should know what makes the new version so special. > > --- stefkeB --- > > P.S. In the ArchiCAD discussions M$ Windows is being referred to as the > "dark side". > > "therrien" wrote in message news:3fe1bc8e_6@statler... > > Only a real Revit user would know. > > "Come to the Dark Side!" and find out! > > > > > > "stefkeB" wrote in message > > news:3fe1a5f0$1_7@statler... > > > Can you explain why it rocks? > > > Is there anything that has been improved that you find particulary > > > important? > > > > > > --- stefkeB --- > > > > > > > > > "Aaron Rumple" > > > > 6.0 > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I think you will be hard pressed to find many people that are going to go out of their way to hard sell you on Revit. If you don't pick it up and immediately know that it is a work/life changing thing, it is probably not for you. It sounds like Archicad meets your needs and you don't really need Revit anyway. Your motives also seem a bit suspect given that you seem to have a bias against Revit to begin with. I do not post similar questions over on the archicad ng because I frankly have made my decision for the near and probably far future, and I could care less what new features are released in the next version of AC. In short, if you actually took the time to play with 5.1 and then picked up 6.0, I think you would immediately realize the beauty of, for instance, design options. I have heard only one negative complaint, and it makes no sense to me. I will use design options on every project, if for no other reason than that it will save space on my hard drive versus making each client change a separate file. What better way to show them the exact impact their design decisions make on the final product? Just one of the beautiful things about 6.0. "stefkeB" wrote in message news:3fe2bac7$1_3@statler... > As an ArchiCAD user (with working experience with AutoCAD & VectorWorks and > limited experience with Arkey, Arc+, Triforma & Revit) I'm seriously looking > at what is so special about Revit. I have 5.1 now and just downloaded 6.0, > but it is waiting to be installed here. > > Can you tell in a few words what is so good about the new version? As I'm > not a power user I might really underestimate the things you find very > important when you work with Revit. Please "enlighten" me! As a "real Revit > user" you should know what makes the new version so special. > > --- stefkeB --- > > P.S. In the ArchiCAD discussions M$ Windows is being referred to as the > "dark side". > > "therrien" wrote in message news:3fe1bc8e_6@statler... > > Only a real Revit user would know. > > "Come to the Dark Side!" and find out! > > > > > > "stefkeB" wrote in message > > news:3fe1a5f0$1_7@statler... > > > Can you explain why it rocks? > > > Is there anything that has been improved that you find particulary > > > important? > > > > > > --- stefkeB --- > > > > > > > > > "Aaron Rumple" > > > > 6.0 > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I'm not writing to convince you of anything...just sharing my perspective, since you asked what makes Revit so great. Well it's great to me. First of all, you'd do well to realize that for many of us this program speaks loudly to us because of frustration with cadd in general. AutoCAD and Microstation as base drafting applications while very versatile and customizable just left so many holes in a firms process, holes that needed to be plugged with human intervention and patience and customization. As a current? user of Archicad you've been using a tool that has a long history of modeling buildings so some of this may seem old hat. Just a few of the truly satisfying things about using Revit: The continuity of data, all views are active displays of information. There is no updating or regeneration process, a view always reflects the current conditions of the model, except in 2D drafting detailing which obviously can get out of sync, but doesn't have to. Drawing coordination is managed by Revit thus reducing or perhaps eliminating the "dead end" detail/section callouts that everyone is accustomed to finding. Many features are just so simple to use that I've seen folks, and myself included, actually laugh out loud when they see how elegant is. Each tool is intended for a task that relates to a design firms process, uses language that is consistent with our life and work. This product is managed and designed by people with real first hand experience in the field. The third man to become part of the team, while it was still an idea incubating, is an architect. And he's still there pushing for features we need everyday. Revit has been a compelling product to me since release 1 and it continues to build more features and performance into each new release. This latest release is quite full of new features both small and large and all produced in roughly 7 months since the last build was posted. The small enhancements are sometimes enough to elicit praise while the larger concepts like Design Options and workset improvements are worthy by themselves. What I'm most impressed with is the passion and "youthful" vigor of the people I've met or corresponded with that create Revit. They are committed to making a great product and do a great job of talking to us and getting our ideas. These folks are not just coming to work to collect a check. Then there's the users, just as "fanatical" as the group that enjoys Archicad or perhaps more so, they have built a community that shares ideas and work which in turn makes it easy to find satisfaction and success with Revit. Essentially Revit is "more" than a product to me, it's a community of people that make work fun and more productive. Well that's enough from me, I got carried away...enjoy your exploration, I'm sure you'll see things you like. What's not to like? 8-) "stefkeB" wrote in message news:3fe2bac7$1_3@statler... > As an ArchiCAD user (with working experience with AutoCAD & VectorWorks and > limited experience with Arkey, Arc+, Triforma & Revit) I'm seriously looking > at what is so special about Revit. I have 5.1 now and just downloaded 6.0, > but it is waiting to be installed here. > > Can you tell in a few words what is so good about the new version? As I'm > not a power user I might really underestimate the things you find very > important when you work with Revit. Please "enlighten" me! As a "real Revit > user" you should know what makes the new version so special. > > --- stefkeB --- > > P.S. In the ArchiCAD discussions M$ Windows is being referred to as the > "dark side". > > "therrien" wrote in message news:3fe1bc8e_6@statler... > > Only a real Revit user would know. > > "Come to the Dark Side!" and find out! > > > > > > "stefkeB" wrote in message > > news:3fe1a5f0$1_7@statler... > > > Can you explain why it rocks? > > > Is there anything that has been improved that you find particulary > > > important? > > > > > > --- stefkeB --- > > > > > > > > > "Aaron Rumple" > > > > 6.0 > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report