Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit producing Body object on Export to DWG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RogerCusson
784 Views, 4 Replies

Revit producing Body object on Export to DWG

Hi All,

I've been exporting models from Revit for a number of years now without proper resolution of a recurring problem. I allways export from Revit to DWG using ACIS Solids so that I can add some detail to the model in AutoCAD before finally linking the model to 3ds Max. Most of the objects come out as proper 3D Solids in ACAD, but there will be a number of wall surfaces that ACAD will identify as "body" objects. Problem is there is nothing I can do with these objects. I cannot union, subtract etc... I usually remodel these parts in ACAD as ACIS solids and away I go. But it's an extra step I would like to eliminate.

The objects are typically walls, and Exterior walls at that. In Revit the walls that are exported as body objects will typically have some of the following characteristics, an opening like a window or a door, (but not all the time) be joined to another element like another wall or a roof.

Anyway if anyone can shed any light on this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

rec

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbcarch
in reply to: RogerCusson

If you have Revit 2014 and 3dsMax (Design?) 2014, you can link a .rvt file directly into Max. Another option is to export an fbx file from Revit and link into Max.

Perhaps try these methods and see if the problem still persists.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 5
RogerCusson

Hi,

We rework the models in AutoCAD, adding detail to produce better renders. Going direct from Revit to 3ds Max is not an option.

My problem is with the Body objects which get created.

thanks

rec

Message 4 of 5
cbcarch

Understood. I do not know how to solve the dwg/body object problem.

However, my suggestion may solve your problem by eliminating it. Time spent in Revit modeling/refining may be worth it in overall

workflow and efficiency. One less step, direct export/import link from Revit to Max. Eliminate "middle ware" and associated problems.

Just my 2 c worth.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 5
RogerCusson
in reply to: cbcarch

Thanks,

It is the obvious solution, problem is we do not have control over the Revit Model. It is given to us by clients. I don;t think we could get the kind of results we need through refining their model.

Thanks for your input
cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report