Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit on OS X Mac

31 REPLIES 31
Message 1 of 32
Anonymous
58301 Views, 31 Replies

Revit on OS X Mac

When Revit will be avaible on OS X?

31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

there have been several threads on this already

like this one: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/Questions-regarding-Revit-and-compatibilit...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 32
ARQ-CAMILA.PORTEIRO

WE NEED REVIT ON MAC. ITS A MUCH EASIER AND LIFE SOLVING OPERATING SYSTEM. 

I CAN'T WITH WINDOWS ANY MORE!

Message 4 of 32

Yelling isn't going to help get it implemented any faster.

If you want to use Revit you will have to install Windows on your Mac.

Message 5 of 32

There is a much more comprehensive thread on this entitled 'Revit on Mac'.

In effect - there is no practical and workable alternative apart from the cloud option. Even that may have significant compromises, but I haven't tested it in depth.

Message 6 of 32

CAMILAarqui wrote:

WE NEED REVIT ON MAC. ITS A MUCH EASIER AND LIFE SOLVING OPERATING SYSTEM. 

I CAN'T WITH WINDOWS ANY MORE!

Huh?

If you can't handle a few annoying idiosyncrasies of a modern operating system, you're NEVER going to master getting what you want out of Revit.

Message 7 of 32

Now when my life becomes a unresolved mess I just go buy a Mac. Great idea!!!
Message 8 of 32
chrisplyler
in reply to: ToanDN

I'm not anti-Mac at all. I just don't get what's so much "easier" about it.

If somebody wants to buy a Mac, I say go for it. But what can you do with it that I can't do with Windows just as easily?

Message 9 of 32

Another day, another 'Why can't we have Revit on a Mac?' thread.

The one thing I'm able to deduce from this is that Mac users don't know how to use the search function, maybe it doesn't exist on in OSX...

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
Message 10 of 32

Now, now Keith - causation v. correlation and all that...

You're better than that 😉

Message 11 of 32
architects
in reply to: chrisplyler

Check the other thread on this, there are lots of things I find easier on my Mac. Some are listed there...

Message 12 of 32

There's no excuse for not using the search function before posting - it does half the work for you simply by putting your subject line in.  Adding another thread is not going to make it any more likely to happen.

In all honesty the thing to do is add it to the ideas forum and then get all the Mac Fans to go there and vote for it.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
Message 13 of 32

Take it to my school without the hinges breaking on the cheap exterior of a windows computer, and actually become able to take it to places rather then have it sitting at a desktop computer where i can't use it "on the go". I'm not saying windows are bad computers I'm just saying at the moment it is hard to find a computer that is easy to take around without the frame being easily damaged.

Message 14 of 32

Message 15 of 32
Keith_Wilkinson

That might be a new record in sweeping generalisations! Hats off to you.

*pits on pedant hat*

You do know that windows is an operating system and not a laptop manufacturer?

FEIW I've had an HP Spectre fit the last year and guess what, no problems with it at all... but then when I'm going to work I don't kick it up and down the street.

Think I'll leave my hat on just in case....

Maimonides
Message 16 of 32

I'm sorry, but as a Mac user, who appreciates the hardware quality and OS, I think your response illustrates what many people think exemplify the worst traits of 'Mac fanboys'.

You are appearing to be a whiny primadonna who can't find a decent Windows laptop, and I'm sure that's what you intended. It's not a compelling argument on an overwhelmingly windows-focussed forum where many users (although by no means all) are vehemently anti-Mac.

First of all you need to look harder and do some research. There are plenty of Windows machines that are durable enough. They won't have the quality of a Mac, but what do you expect - they are cheaper.

If you are happy with the idea of using Windows, but just want better hardware - use your Mac with Windows and Bootcamp.

There just isn't going to be a OSX native version of Revit. This will most likely never, ever happen, and you are going to have to get over it. Yes it's annoying, yes Autodesk really ought to do something about it (Nemetschek and Graphisoft do) but they are too big a company with too large a profit margin to report to shareholders - they are not going to reduce it by increasing costs for a Mac version of Revit. It's not going to happen.

You need to accept Revit, or get Vectorworks or Archicad. both are very good.

Message 17 of 32
Keith_Wilkinson

Well said that man.

Personally I like Macs, actually I like a lot of apple products but I like my HP Spectre as well..

Maimonides
Message 18 of 32
mpwuzhere
in reply to: Keith_Wilkinson

Working on a Mac was a lot less painless when I found out a right click menu does exist when using the OOTB mouse.

(Learned ArchiCAD on the Mac...)

Message 19 of 32
hwpor
in reply to: DarrenP

When Revit on mac OSX.?

Willing to see revit software running under mac OSX system, file compatibility to older versions will be good.

Message 20 of 32
jens888i
in reply to: Keith_Wilkinson

Its a discussion that makes no sense to have simply because pc users don´t no what they are missing. I have been a OS X user since 1997 - three years ago I started studying Contructing architect and were forced to use Revit and Windows...........I was in a chok - it was like nothing had changed since 1997 - windows XP. For a OS X user its frustrating when you are used to do a proces in 2 steps and i windows it takes 4 steps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report