Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit massing with Max Geometry

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
157 Views, 1 Reply

Revit massing with Max Geometry

I am creating massing models in 3ds max 8 as I can make use of its advanced modelling capabilities. The output of this is normally a mesh or editible poly. I would like to import the object and slice through with the Building make tool to document the building.

I have tried both creating a new massing family outside of a project and tried creating one within, importing the max file as a (2004)dwg. Both times revit says that it sees a mesh (which is of course what I imported) however I cannot manage therefore to slice through the object. This also happens when importing simple max primitives like cubes. I have a feeling if I can convert the object into an ACIS solid then revit will be happy with the object however I cant seem to manage to do this. I may be able to take it through ACAD however I cannot find how to convert a mesh model (totally closed mesh) to a massing object or ACAD solid.

Any ideas how to accomplish this. I have attached the max and dwg files used in this in case any one is feeling adventurous...
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Just to update this as I first posted for help on AUGI forums...

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=32786&page=1&pp=10

Can anyone say from autodesk whether this will be addressed? as it does seem the logical thing for max and revit to want to talk to each other in this way and would really add value to both these products

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report