Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit design options and worksets

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
marc
2138 Views, 3 Replies

Revit design options and worksets

I recently posted a design option problem on the Revit AUGI site.( go to AUGI) It took a while to get an answer, but apparently, design options are created in a built-in workset. If two users are in the same design option, they are also in the same workset and are unable to create a second workset. This creates a "save to central/relinquish" battle where each user is warned that they cannot save unless the other user relinquishes. The architects assigned to this task refused to continue working under these circumstances. As a workaround, I created multiple design options, even though they were all one scheme and should be in one option. This subsequently created plotting problems.

The project is for a government agency and by contract we must provide three schemes. We have a floor plate of 195,000 SF, yet I can only assign one architect to this task. Design options ought to allow multiple worksets.

Does this analysis sound correct? Did I set this up wrong or is there another way I can assign multiple users to a design option? The attached plan shows how the floor is divided into departments, each of which is demised and has no connections except to the common corridor. In theory, I could assign a separate architect to each department, if Revit would allow that, of course!

The AUGI link above will fill in more details about my issue, plus some comments from readers.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: marc

This is by design.  It might help to think of the design option as similar to a group: Only one person is allowed to edit it at a time. Development is aware and is looking into possible code changes to allow the functionality you mentioned.

Here's another Augi thread on the subject: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?59508-Design-Options-and-Worksharing&highlight=design%20option...

Hope this helps and let me know if you have additional questions. Thanks for posting....

Message 3 of 4
pieter5
in reply to: alan.quinn

Ran into the exact same problem today with one of our teams. Are there any updates on when this functionality may be added?

Message 4 of 4
ESchudlich
in reply to: pieter5

Ha! This is Autodesk; they don't fix existing problems, they just keep rolling out shiny new 'features' on top of their old, broken platforms... This has been a complaint since 2006 at least. I don't expect they care enough to remedy this issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report