Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit crashes when I draw a line

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ecrompton
921 Views, 4 Replies

Revit crashes when I draw a line

I am a high school drafting teacher and have Revit 2012 installed on the student computers. The computers are only a year old.  However, they do have integrated video.  The computers are capable of running Inventor 2012 with not problems at all.  The problem that I have having is that when I try to draw a wall on Revit, a message pops up that says "An error has occurred while drawing the contents of this window. This window shall be closed."  It only happens when I draw a wall in LINE form.  If I use the rectangle tool to draw all 4 walls at the same time, it doesnt crash.  HELP!

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
loboarch
in reply to: ecrompton

This message typically happens when there is a problem with the graphics card/driver on the PC.  You can try turning off hardwarfe acceleration in the Options menu (found on the big purple "R").  This may help with the situation.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 5
salemabdalla
in reply to: loboarch

Hello, I'm a new user. I've got the same message when I draw a wall. I tried  turning off hardwarfe acceleration in the Options menu but Revit still crashes on me.

Thanks

Salem

Salem B. Abdalla
Architecture Engineering Department
College of Engineering
Sharjah University
Sharjah, PO Box 27272, UAE
Tel: +971-6-5050814
e-mail: sabdalla@sharjah.ac.ae
Message 4 of 5
qtarchitect
in reply to: ecrompton

It happened to me too.

I did turn off the graphic acclleration om the Option Menu at the upperleft R icon.

I reloaded, repaired and reinstalled to no avail.

Please help, we are having a class here with 2 students and the instructor seems to be in desperate mode.

Message 5 of 5
qtarchitect
in reply to: qtarchitect

It works now, I follow Jeff Hansen's post:

This message typically happens when there is a problem with the graphics card/driver on the PC.  You can try turning off hardwarfe acceleration in the Options menu (found on the big purple "R").  This may help with the situation.

just remember to x out the program and reopen it for the change to be affective.

Thank you Jeff.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report