Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Tooltip Freezing problem

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
3893 Views, 9 Replies

Revit Tooltip Freezing problem

This issue arises with the tool tip functions in Revit 2013 and 2014. When the video activates the image remain on the screen as if frozen this is active on screen until Revit is closed down and restarted.  Even switching between applications the image remains frozen on the screen very frustrating. It does not happen with all tooltips but this example is curtain grid.

The only solution I have is turn off the tool tips but this is not an ideal solution for new Revit customers who may rely on this help tool tip. Can you please offer any suggestions.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
loboarch
in reply to: Anonymous

I have seen this issue in the past when running 2 monitors.  The toolclip vidoe would stay on the screen.  Are you running 2 monitors?  The toolclip runs using the flash player on the PC so you may also try updating the flash player on the computer to make sure it is current as well as updating video drivers.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: loboarch

Yes I am running 2 monitors. Did make any difference with one or two monitors running. I did discover that one machine had a capture process running when this was turned off the tool tip functioned OK.

Although on the other machine no capture software was running and the issue remains.

@loboarch wrote:

I have seen this issue in the past when running 2 monitors.  The toolclip vidoe would stay on the screen.  Are you running 2 monitors?  The toolclip runs using the flash player on the PC so you may also try updating the flash player on the computer to make sure it is current as well as updating video drivers.

Message 4 of 10
136358viaucdk

I do have the latest flash player and have only a single monitor, i.e. the one on my laptop. So what gives? Still getting this annoying frozen tooltip on my sceen? Is it a problem with my GPU or with Revit?

Message 5 of 10
PEB73
in reply to: 136358viaucdk

Was this issue ever resolved? I am having the same problem using Revit LT 2014.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

I am sorry to say I did not get a solution to this graphic issue. It appears to be intermittent the only fix I could come up with is to change the tool tip settings in the Revit UI options. If you set this to minimal then you won’t get the animations. Not ideal for new users but will at least stop you from getting frustrated. 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

FWIW, I have this same problem in Inventor 2015 trial (and had it in the Inventor 2014 trial), and it's INCREDIBLY annoying. I'm running on a single monitor laptop, Windows 7 64-bit.

I've found that I can find a process called "adflashvideoplayer.exe" (which appears to be a 32-bit program launched by my 64-bit Inventor) and killing it closes the video tips.

I'm going to try and update my various versions of flash (I've read in other threads it uses the ActiveX version of Flash typically used by IE) and see if I can fix it.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: 136358viaucdk

I figured out the root cause on my laptop inside Inventor 2015, and it's possible you have the same issue. While I have a single monitor, I do have an Optimus based NVidia card. Inventor was running on the NVidia hardware but the "adflashvideoplayer.exe" program it uses to launch videos was apparently running on the integrated Intel video.Once I switched that executable to run on NVidia as well (right click and pick it or use the NVidia control panel), the video would behave properly.

Hope it helps...

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Excuse me @Anonymous, could you ellaborate on how to make the .exe run on a different video card? "switch the exe. to run on NVidia"...I dont find any option on my Intel HD menu to run Revit from here; im sorry im a newbie on this.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

1. Go to the NVIDIA Control Panel by right clicking on your desk top and clicking on "NVIDIA Control Panel".

2. In the default screen that pops up (it should be "manage 3D settings", and the "Program Settings" tab should be automatically selected), under "1. Select a program to customize:" hit the "Add" button.

3. From here, navigate to the folder and find the .exe for that game (it's usually right in the main game folder). Select it and hit open.

4. Then, under "2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:" open the drop-down menu and select "High-performance NVIDIA processor".

5. Finally, hit apply in the far bottom right corner, and you should be good to go!Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report