Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Timber Frame Extensions - Roof Rafters and Roof Trusses woes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mpukas
4688 Views, 3 Replies

Revit Timber Frame Extensions - Roof Rafters and Roof Trusses woes

Has anyone had luck with using the timber frame extensions? I'm having some trouble using the rafter framing and roof trusses extensions. 

I made a simple rectangle box with a simple roof with a ridge running down the middle as a test model. My roof is a basic roof surface that is 1 1/2" thick, no other layers or materials. 

When using the rafter framing extension, it makes two of everything - two rafters and two ridge beams. It seems that it makes on set on the top of the roof and one on the bottom. Also, it making ridge beams at the overhanging eave ends (not at the gable), so I end up with a really weird double beam hanging off of the end of the eave. 

In the framing diagram box, I can see that each member has two numbers assigned, but the text is so small I can’t read it clearly.

When using the roof trusses extension, I get a message that says "Selected roof contains many ridges. The module supports only the roofs with single ridge.) Could it be that the extension is also reading the top and bottom layers of the roof as more than one roof? The tool will not run.

I've reviewed a couple of on-line tutorials and I think I'm doing things correctly, but I still can't make the tools work properly. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance. mpp

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
josh
in reply to: mpukas

Just FYI, there are very few (if any) success stories with the Timber Exetnsion, I have completely removed it from my machine and avoid using it because of problems simliar to yours.

Best of luck,

Message 3 of 4
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Try open a new project and redo another wall and another roof and see if happens again 

if the issue is still there

The best way to get support for this third part application 

you need to contact 

rex.support@autodesk.com

if you need more infos please visit:

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/rvt/en/Detail/HelpDoc?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com:timberfram...

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 4 of 4
ufaruk91

please hepl me with the setup

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report