Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit System Requirements

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
304 Views, 1 Reply

Revit System Requirements

Upon trying to open or save a Revit model in Revit Architecture 2011 or 2012, I get the message "Not enough space on C:\ drive to create temporary file" (or something to that effect).  I have cleaned out my TEMP folders, tried opening the file right after starting up my computer, I've enlarged my Virtual Memory size to 1.5x to 2x my available RAM, and nothing works.  

I have a quad-core Dell Precision T3500 running Windows 7 32-bit with 4 GB of RAM.  What do I need to do to effectively run Revit on my machine?  I've heard many suggestions about running at 64-bit, but that would create a whole slew of problems with other software packages installed on my machine.  I've also heard suggestions that I install additional memory cards, but I don't know if that would help matters at all.

Please advise.

Thank you,

tgick

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

i don't recommed running revit on a 32 bit machine anymore revit uses too much memory for it to run on a 32 bit OS

you may need to look at 64 bit for future use of revit

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report