Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Stalling (hanging for several seconds) when it reaches 1.1GB of memory

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
yinka_habilis
418 Views, 2 Replies

Revit Stalling (hanging for several seconds) when it reaches 1.1GB of memory

My system:

iMac 27inch (late 2009 model)

Core 2 Duo E7600 3.06Ghz

8 GB Ram (DDR3 1066)

1TB Hard Drive (Partition 1 = 700GB / 583GB free, Partition 2 = 230GB / 219GB free)

Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) through Bootcamp

Gb Ethernet Connection (Domain network)

Revit Architecture 2011 (64-bit)

Stand Alone installation/licensing

Library and Working files all stored on network location (Revit options point to network locations for all files)

Project Files stored on network location

Virtual Memory - Automatically managed by Windows (Recommended size 12.25GB, Currently Allocated 8.16GB)

Last week Revit began stalling (hanging for several seconds) when it reached a memory usage of about 1.1GB. The stalling occurs whenever any action it taken in Revit (select an object, open a view, open a family). The only way to correct this is to shut down Revit and reopen it. Revit starts off with 200+GB of memory and jumps to about 700+ when I open the current project that I'm working on (Workshared project that is currently 89MB). Last week it would reach about 1.1 GB after a few hours.

Today, the problem has gotten worse. Revit now reaches 1.1 GB of memory after 15-20 minutes and starts stalling. I watched the memory usage in Task Manager while I was working and noticed that Revit memory usage increased by 75-100MB each time I synchronized with the Central File. There's nothing new that's been installed or running on my computer since last week and there's no obvious answer as to why Revit's memory usage is spiking so quickly.

It's also odd that the memory should be an issue in the first place since I have 8GM of RAM and 5.6 GB is available at any given time (when before Revit is running) - there's no reason that at 1.1 GB (and 4+GB of available RAM) Revit should have to start swapping out the paging file (which is what I am assuming is causing Revit to stall).

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

3 days, no response?

Message 3 of 3

I have been having a similar issue, at the point of synching, where the only way to get our of it is to hard boot the system.

any one else having this issue, and can anyone help?

Francisco Navarro
Project Manager
Watry Design Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report