Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Server sync slow - takes 1 hour.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
charlv
3390 Views, 1 Reply

Revit Server sync slow - takes 1 hour.

HI,

This is the brief : The project is a joint venture between two architectural practices which is requires the project to be delivered from two separate locations. We have established Revit server to assist, however are experiencing real problems with the syncing process either due to band width or the set-up process. Sync to Central can last an hour and knocks out the rest of the team durring the process. Connection speeds : Line 8 meg down 600kb up on both sides.

What can we check?

Thanks

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ccollins
in reply to: charlv

Make sure all users are NOT checking Compact when STC--in Revit Server, this will save the entire file, not just edited workset data / changes to the file.

The internet speed is very slow, and latency is probably waht's causing the 1 hr save time--which is unacceptable.

20 down/up is a good minimum; faster is better.

How large is the Revit file (s) including Linked models? i.e. total in MB.

Try going to www.speedtest.net and perform a connection test. Ping should be under 100ms for decent performance.

Test this on both ends, i.e. each office.

Make sure there are not any "bandwidth hogs" i.e. users streaming video/music, "stuck emails" with large attachments,

or any other such event such as large FTP up or downloads, etc.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report