Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Server - Create Local Copy Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bward
378 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Server - Create Local Copy Issue

I have Revit server connected between 2 of our offices. I am able to connect to Revit server and create a new local copy of the project and syncornize properly. My other office can access the project, but their "Creat Local Copy" dialog is grayed out. Obviously since we are in different offices, we are not going to have the same paths to the central model in our datacenter. Ideas? Does it have somthing to do with IP addresses, UNC paths, direct mapped drives?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LisaDrago
in reply to: bward

in a nutshell - Both offices need to have a central file that you create a local copy with. The central files are conneced through the revit server.

this should help.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2012/Help/Revit_Administration_Guide/0002-Revit_Se2/0003-Revi...

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 5
bward
in reply to: LisaDrago

The true Central Server Model is located in our datacenter with the local central on each offices repective server and locals on each machine. The problem was with the permissions the users had to both the datacenter server and the local serves. Once we opened that up, the problem went away.

Message 4 of 5
LisaDrago
in reply to: bward

Good to hear.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 5 of 5
bward
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report