Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Server Autosync

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jevans
2027 Views, 3 Replies

Revit Server Autosync

There is an autosync service that runs every couple minutes to keep the misc models and support files up to date in the cache folder of other revit server accel systems.

We actually have 11 Revit Servers for 2013 and also same used for 2014.

Each are both a central Server and Accelerator server setups. 

My question is related to the cache folder and the guid subfolders there which of course are directly related to the revit model files on the main central server.

So let's setup a scenario here:

Central Server is in Office A, Accelerator Server is in Office B (Also has Central loaded on it)

User is in Office B opening a model from Office A Central server and the user has the Accelerator setup pointed at Office B Accelerator server.

In the process of opening the file, Accelerator Server in Office B creates a Cache folder based on the model GUID to then allow the user or even users in Office B to pull updates from, which is faster of course.

Now the question, The User in Office B now never gets into that file again, but the folder is still there on the Accelerator Server in Office B and gets updated every couple mins from Central Server in Office A.

Now Add users in 9 other offices also doing the same thing  and you get a ton of folders worth of files that are replicating all the time and possibly not needed any longer to be to that system.

In the Autosynclog.log in Office B I can see 205 different model cache folders that are getting updates from the central servers all over our network.  It takes 2 or so minutes to sync from all the different model locations to Office B, once it is done it totally starts over again.

What I am trying to figure is the correct way to stop all or some of these from syncing that are no longer needed to happen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: jevans

Deleting the unused project information through Windows Explorer in the cache should reduce the amount of information that Autosync is handling. If no one tries to access one of the unused project files through the Accelerator, Autosync shouldn't recreate the project information.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 4
jy492330
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Hi Chris,

Could you please guide me with some specific instructions on how to delete  unused project info through Windows Explorer in the cache? Do you also know how can I check the Autosynclog.log on the computer when using the accelerator server ?

Thank you,

Jessica

Message 4 of 4
jy492330
in reply to: jevans

Hi Chris,

Please clarify the answer you provided in terms of where to delete the unused project information through Internet Explorer in the Cache. If I understand the answer correctly, I should go into the temp folder of my computer to delete the model cache files ( lsaved ocal copies of the model files after syncing to the accelerator server or central server ?) which typically resides in the path of  C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp, correct?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report