Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Server 2012 installation error

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
mathijs.maertens
1361 Views, 13 Replies

Revit Server 2012 installation error

when I try to install revit server 2012, I get an error "there is a problem with this windows installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run.  Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

When I check the install log, it has this error:

"InstallRevit ServerFailedInstallation aborted, Result=1603"

This is on a server 2008 R2 and all prerequisites have been installed.  Anybody experienced this problem before?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

A few things may be causing this. See this link and pay particular attention to #1: http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/05/3-revit-server-2012-installation-tips.html. Also, if this is not the case I’d go back and check the prerequisites, .net, etc...

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 14

thanks for the reply.

Indeed we are running the setup this way and I double checked prerequisites

After googling, I tried solutions from the following links, but non of these files/reg keys are present

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/windows-the-hklm-software-autodesk-registry-key.h...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16828836&linkID=9243099

I checked the anitvirus logs: nothing is being blocked.  I also tried to run the setup on a test server with an identical antivirus / group policy and there the installer runs fine so I've excluded anitvirus / group policy.

I deleted everything in the %temp% folder

Disabled UAC, no success either.

Really stuck here...

Message 4 of 14

Installed 2008R2 Service pack 1 but unfortunately the installer still errors out

Could it be a problem that LMTools is already installed/running on this server or that Revit is not installed?

Even our vendor has run out of ideas...

Message 5 of 14

I asked our Revit Server lead to take a look at this one. I will update when I hear back from him.

Message 6 of 14

looking forward to the feedback, thanks

Message 7 of 14

hello Alan, any news from the revit server lead?

Message 8 of 14

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We have a meeting this afternoon and I will be brining up this case. I'll let you know what I find out. 

Thank you,

Message 9 of 14
alan.quinn
in reply to: alan.quinn

Try the following:

[1] Clear out %temp% 

[2] Run the RS install again

If you still have issue 

[3] Collect everything in %temp% and send to ADSK for further analysis. (We'll figure out how to do this later)

Thank you, 

Message 10 of 14

ok I tried deleting everything in the %temp% folder once more, however the error remains.

Where shall I send the zip file? 

Message 11 of 14
fguypen
in reply to: mathijs.maertens

I'm experiencing exactly the same error! I have been searching the net for ages but no solution yet. I also contact our Autodesk supplier, but they have given me the same "solutions" as I found on the net and Alan posted here...

Can anyone help me with this issue, please?

Message 12 of 14
mathijs.maertens
in reply to: fguypen

Hello Alan, Thanks for the FTP access.  I've uploaded the contents of the %temp% folder (after the failed install)

Message 13 of 14

Alan many thanks for sticking with us and sending the information from the server lead.  As the installer ultimately failed because there was no default web site in IIS, here's how I recreated the "default web site" in IIS:

I was able to reconstruct the "Default Web Site" by adding the following lines into the C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationsHost.config file. This xml file hold the configuration information for IIS 7.x management console. It was missing the information for the Default Web Site.  The code block I added back is located in the <system.applicationHost> section.

<system.applicationHost>
       <sites>
            <site name="Default Web site" id="1" serverAutoStart="true">
                <application path="/">
                        <virtualDirectory path="/" physicalPath="%SystemDrive%\inetpub\wwwroot" />
                </application>
                <bindings>
                        <binding protocol="http" bindingInformation="*:80:" />
                </bindings>
            </site>
             <siteDefaults>
                <logFile logFormat="W3C" directory="%SystemDrive%\inetpub\logs\LogFiles" />
                <traceFailedRequestsLogging directory="%SystemDrive%\inetpub\logs\FailedReqLogFiles" />
            </siteDefaults>
            <applicationDefaults applicationPool="DefaultAppPool" />
            <virtualDirectoryDefaults allowSubDirConfig="true" />
        </sites>
   </system.applicationHost>

Restart IIS 7 after making the change.

Message 14 of 14

I got the same problem an same error, however my problem already fixed.

From my installation process, it will show "internal information services connection failed" which actually cause by missing IIS role services "managemnet tools". When all options under management tools are installed, installation success without and error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report