Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Roof Soffit Tag - Missing family tag template

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
boo2u20
2764 Views, 11 Replies

Revit Roof Soffit Tag - Missing family tag template

I need to tag my roof soffits, exactly the same way I tag my ceilings to show the height. At present, I have tried to use a ceiling, roof, and multicategory tag to tag a roof soffit and it does not work!!!

Autodesk, how do you tag a roof soffit? Can you please send me a roof soffit tag.rfa to start from? The category does not exist in the OOTB family templates.

HELP!!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
loboarch
in reply to: boo2u20

Roof soffits are not taggable elements in Revit.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 12
boo2u20
in reply to: loboarch

What is your reasoning for not making roof soffits taggable elements?

If ceilings are taggable, intelligent parameter-reading roof soffits tags would save time using the same parametric intellegence.

Message 4 of 12
loboarch

@boo2u20 wrote:

What is your reasoning for not making roof soffits taggable elements?

If ceilings are taggable, intelligent parameter-reading roof soffits tags would save time using the same parametric intellegence.

I do not know the history of why soffits are not taggable elements?  If you would like to suggest this as an improvement you can send our team feedback at this link and this can be something considered for enhancement in a future release.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 12
Cftreat

If you cant tag them then why in the world do they have Mark and Type Mark Paramenters. Get with the "Program"

Message 6 of 12

oh dear. just another item to add to the list of Revit and Autodesks fundamental misunderstanding of their own product. If wish list items actually came true....

Message 7 of 12

R2020 and STILL unable to tag soffits.  Quite frustrating, especially because you CAN create a tag for the Roof sub-category, so you're let wander down a path that then you can't implement. 

Very disappointing. 

Message 8 of 12
ihakki6991

Perhaps soffits should be removed so we don't model what we cannot tag.  Is there a way to covert soffits to ceilings?

Message 9 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: ihakki6991

Create parts and tag parts.

Message 10 of 12
ihakki6991
in reply to: ToanDN

That's a brilliant workaround!

Message 11 of 12
kalsayyed

You always can edit an existing family (ceiling or roof for example) and update "Family Category and Parameters" to be whatever you want (Roof Soffit Tags for example). Now you have an annotation family for Roof Soffits, where it recognizes Roof Soffits.

Best of luck

Message 12 of 12
Alfredo_Medina

I agree. There should be a Soffit Tag family, and a Soffit Tag category. (Using Revit 2023). Or at least the category and a property set, so that the user can create the family, if it is not included in the library. 

I was able to tag it using a keynote tag, but, it would be better to have a soffit tag, to be consistent with the same methods used to tag other things, such as ceilings.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report